Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some very rare pain free energy yesterday and had to do something productive. My main walking trail is an old tram road that runs parallel to the creek from the old logging days. I keep the trail mowed but the jagger bushes and others were encroaching the trail since I haven't been able to trim it back the last few years. Well about an hour with the lopping shears took care of the worst of it. Grabbed my camera and super wide angle lens last evening and took a walk. Pics aren't the best since it was so heavily overcast and humid. Bentley actually came along this time - you'll see a lot of Mastiff butt in the pics.

From the start off the main lawn area:

Tractor path at the far end that goes to the upper part of the property:

IMGK4587_DxO by Stan Stahr, on Flickr

Trail leading off the Tram road to the creek about 1/2 upstream - my favorite spot along the creek:

And heading back home:

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Wow . . . Thanks for the walk, what a treat. Those are great pictures and you live in a beautiful place.

Thanks again for sharing.:bigthumb:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
You've got it all at your place: a nice path/trail, mountain views, creek access, nice forest canopy and a good walking companion. Thanks for sharing it with us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Glad you had one of your rare "good days". Thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful place and loyal dog. I hope you have more "good days" in the future.

·
Premium Member
12,282 Posts
Pics aren't the best since it was so heavily overcast and humid. Bentley actually came along this time - you'll see a lot of Mastiff butt in the pics.
Great pics! As a photo dude myself I can say you actually had PERFECT photo conditions. Had it been sunny those photos wouldn't be nearly as beautiful as you would be dealing with over exposed areas and deep shadows. As it was, you had nice even lighting over the whole scene!

·
Registered
22,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great pics! As a photo dude myself I can say you actually had PERFECT photo conditions. Had it been sunny those photos wouldn't be nearly as beautiful as you would be dealing with over exposed areas and deep shadows. As it was, you had nice even lighting over the whole scene!
I agree. I've always prefered an overcast sky - it's like a huge light box or diffuser. Because of the high mountains all around us we don't see the actual sun for 1.5 hours after sunrise and the same before sunset so I don't get any of that "golden hour" light. I think low setting sunlight about a half hour before sunset would have impoved the shots but that never happens around here.

I've also found the overcast skies work very well for my macro shots.

I was actually surprised the camera didn't pick up any haze or humidity in the air with those shots. This gave me some reinforcement about my good cameras and glass although those pics were actually taken with my "worst" lens as far as optics.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Those "special days without pain" and a little extra stamina are some of what us older folks look forward to.
Other than that, a roof over our heads, food in the fridge, and some old comfortable jeans or khakis allow us to make the best of it.
Hang in there bud, "The Book" tells us it'll get better. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
22,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those "special days without pain" and a little extra stamina are some of what us older folks look forward to.
Other than that, a roof over our heads, food in the fridge, and some old comfortable jeans or khakis allow us to make the best of it.
So very true!

·
Registered
11,924 Posts
Great pictures, Stan. I always like seeing pictures of your dog.

·
Administrator
20,729 Posts
PA is a very beautiful state. The hills, creeks, lakes, and woods can be just amazing. I really enjoyed my summers there when I was a kid. :good2:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,763 Posts
Had some very rare pain free energy yesterday and had to do something productive. My main walking trail is an old tram road that runs parallel to the creek from the old logging days. I keep the trail mowed but the jagger bushes and others were encroaching the trail since I haven't been able to trim it back the last few years. Well about an hour with the lopping shears took care of the worst of it. Grabbed my camera and super wide angle lens last evening and took a walk. Pics aren't the best since it was so heavily overcast and humid. Bentley actually came along this time - you'll see a lot of Mastiff butt in the pics.
Beautiful place, love the hilly country, about the only hill I got is 2 loads of dirt
I'm fixing to spread.:lol:
The flatter than flat country down here do get boring.

Cajun

·
Super Moderator
8,053 Posts
Beautiful country there and very nice photos! Thanks for sharing.

:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I been all over Pa. back in my working days. Mahoopany / Proctor Gamble Plant, Conowingo Dam, Peach Bottom Nuclear, Three Mile Island, Raynor Lake / pleasure-time, Chester Pa. / British Petroleum, Air Products, Aamco, King of Prussia Mall / to buy some warm clothes I needed up there......plenty to see and do, if one has time. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,747 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, they looked perfect. Looks about the same as my area. Glad to hear you was having a good health day. :bigthumb:
Yesterday had the grandsons on some trails on my neighbors farm.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts