Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you drink in the morning?

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Coffee - dark roast - A TON OF IT!

Drink a 20oz on the 1 hr drive to work, make a 10 cup pot in the morning at my desk and usually drink the last of that pot on the drive home.

I think a "cup" of coffee is supposed to be 4 oz. If that's the case - I'm drinking about 15 cups a day. (Low blood pressure, low cholesterol, etc. and caffiene doesn't keep me awake like it does to others)

Gotta admit my body isn't happy if I don't get my morning joe. I've even warned the engineers that work for me to make sure I've had my coffee in the morning before giving me really bad news.:mocking:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
Coffee, 3 Cups. Two before I head off to work and one at work. Green Tea in the afternoon.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Gotta have my 2 Dews.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
None of the above, it is sweet tea for me. I have a large cup that is filled when I first get up and it is filled several more times throughout the day for a total of about 1 gallon

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
None of the above, it is sweet tea for me. I have a large cup that is filled when I first get up and it is filled several more times throughout the day for a total of about 1 gallon
Man....that's a TON of sugar, cause I know that is some SERIOUSLY sweet tea. Great stuff.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I drink 1/2 pot of coffee in the mornings, then stay away from the caffeine the rest of the day, as it does tend to keep me awake at night. After I stop the coffee, I like herbal teas on cold days, and drink mainly water when temps are not cold.

And if it is REALLY cold, just pour me a stiff drink (or THREE)!

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I never drink coffee. I've tried but I have to put so much cream / milk and sugar in it before I can drink it, I just quit trying. I voted hot chocolate because I do drink that every now and then during the cold months.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Gotta have my 2 Dews.
Years ago I worked with Jack K, near Scottsdale airport. He was a Pepsi drinker, no coffee. Jack said his heart didn't start beating till 10am, that's when he'd do that long walk to the back of the building and get his first Pepsi.:laugh:

So for me - Dark Starbucks French Roast, whole bean, and fresh ground via a 24 oz. French Press. Good stuff . . . . :morning2::morning2:

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I was about 5 years old, some genius told my mother "15 cups of really strong coffee a day will cure asthma!" :nunu:
I was force fed coffee until I simply couldn't take it any more. I got "cured" alright - but it wasn't of asthma! Havn't had a cup since - even the smell still makes me ill.

When I met Tractor Girl at a church social - things were going pretty well, so I invited her out for coffee afterward... and then ordered a soda. :laugh:
She was very puzzled, but I explained that I couldn't drink coffee, and that: "Hey baby! Let's go have a drink!" seemed like the wrong message. Fortunately for me, she thought this was cute and not stupid. :mocking:

Still have my morning caffine - but I take mine cold and bubbly, thanks!

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
I start the morning with 1/2 cup of dark roast Community Coffee. While at work, I drink water; and an occasional Diet Dr. Pepper. During the hot, humid summer months, only water.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I used to drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day, but I realized that I needed to feel "normal" so I quit. After 7-10 days of withdrawals, I have a more consistent energy level through the day. Just like any other chemical dependency, I don't see much of a purpose for it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My coffee for the last 3 or so years has come out of a bunn coffee pot until about a week ago when it suddenly stopped working just got around to emailing them this morning describing what it is doing and got a reply les than an hour later they are sending me a new brewer and a shipping label to return the old one great customer service I was just hoping they could sell my the parts to fix it I never expected them to replace it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Man....that's a TON of sugar, cause I know that is some SERIOUSLY sweet tea. Great stuff.
Not too bad, we put 4 1/2 cups to 2 1/2 gallons :lol: People usually tell me that if I ever run out of syrup just substitute it with my tea:lolol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts
I walk on the wild side...1 K-Cup of decaf green tea run twice through the Kuerig into my thermal travel mug with a spoonful of honey mixed in in.:good2:

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Coffee for me.

At work, I take it black, most in the office don't want it too strong. My company has free coffee for all the employees so I don't complain. I always have a coffee mug in my hands, but only "sip" it. Generally only drink about 2 mugs per day.

At home, or if I stop at a Starbucks while driving on a trip, I'll get dark roast, extra light and extra sweet, heavy cream if available. (Note that at Starbucks, they have heavy cream behind the counter, you just have to ask for it if you want it.) Usually only drink 1 mug or a Grande per day.

Funny that I used to drink coffee only at work. At home, if I brewed anything less than a half a pot, it didn't taste the same. Then I'd throw most of it out anyway because I only wanted 1 mug. Then I got a Keurig, my best decision for coffee. A little more expensive per cup but it works for me.

Coffee will keep me up sometimes, but I drink it because I really like the taste of coffee.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts