Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My x738 always has been stored in my attached garage to the house that never gets below freezing in the winter as long as I keep the doors closed. I want to park my vehicles in the attached garage so I'm building another garage to store the x738. The new garage is not going to be insulated or heated. I use my x738 to plow snow in the winter. So I'm wondering how well the x738 does in cold starts when it is freezing in the winter?

·
Registered
125 Posts
It does just fine. The hydraulics take a few mins to warm up but that can be expected. Otherwise, nothing to sweat.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I've never had a problem starting my old 345 or my current x758 in unheated sheds in the cold MN winter. I do recommend keeping a battery tender on it if you won't be running it for several weeks. With a solid battery charge there is no reason your 738 shouldn't fire up quickly every time.

Rob

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
I don't normally store mine in unheated garage but in my shop which is insulated and heated to 36F. So chilly but not -20F which we can see. The biggest thing I notice is that the hydraulics are pretty sluggish until warmed up. Also you might want to add a battery tender or something to make sure your battery stays topped off. Other than that it should fire right up with no issues.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I have been storing my equipment in unheated buildings for over 40 years. Diesel equipment is the only ones that I ever had trouble starting during that time, when it was very cold.
Gas equipment always starts just fine no matter how cold it is.

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Gas equipment always starts just fine no matter how cold it is.
And if they don't a little toot of starting fluid brings them to life immediately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts