Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I was wondering if any other folks living in the Northern tier are doing any special things to maintain their JD's (or others) in colder climates. In AK we use different grades of grease for arctic use and install block heaters, oil pan heating pads, transmission heating pads. All those heating elements are handy to keep the tractors plugged in at night so oil and hydraulic fluids are warm on start-up. Anyone else using straight synthetic oils, hydro fluids, grease in cold weather and how are they working? I'm basically seeing what is working for tractor maintenance in colder climates and what is not. I'd rather learn this way than working on a broke tractor in the winter. Thanks
I just changed to Amsoil 5-40 synthetic. I wanted to go with the JD 0-40 plus 50 synthetic, but the dealer didn't have any on hand. I have a block heater, and I am considering the JD transmission oil heater also.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.