Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019 3025E, grapple, stump bucket, box blade, rear blade, forks tiller, bottom plow, HH weight bar
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have tried for about 5 days to order from CRI. I try alternative payment method (debit or credit cards) and when I put all the info in, it tells me it can't be accepted and plz try another card. Is PayPal the only way to buy anything from them? I do not have a PayPal account

·
Registered
690 Posts
I ran into the same thing with a different vendor.
I cancelled the order and ordered it somewhere else.

As far as I can tell the issue is the vendor and the credit card company don't work together.
They wanted me to use my credit card thru paypal.

No reason for paypal to get involved.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Ok, I have tried for about 5 days to order from CRI. I try alternative payment method (debit or credit cards) and when I put all the info in, it tells me it can't be accepted and plz try another card. Is PayPal the only way to buy anything from them? I do not have a PayPal account
Call them. The guy answering the phone is likely Todd, the owner. Good dude. He'll tell you what to do

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
You don't need a PayPal account to make a credit or debit card purchase.

Reactions: Muddy yellow wheels

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Having been on the merchant side of that issue before, there are some quirks with some credit card clearance companies and the CSV numbers. The issue we had was if the CSV started with a 0, the cards wouldn't clear. A different CC clearance company was the answer, lol.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2019 3025E, grapple, stump bucket, box blade, rear blade, forks tiller, bottom plow, HH weight bar
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ran into the same thing with a different vendor.
I cancelled the order and ordered it somewhere else.

As far as I can tell the issue is the vendor and the credit card company don't work together.
They wanted me to use my credit card thru paypal.

No reason for paypal to get involved.
Agreed! Why involve a third party!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don't need a PayPal account to make a credit or debit card purchase.
Then I see no reason why it would continue to tell me to use another payment method. No matter what I select, it starts off as a normal purchase, but as soon as you select to pay it takes you to a PayPal

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Having been on the merchant side of that issue before, there are some quirks with some credit card clearance companies and the CSV numbers. The issue we had was if the CSV started with a 0, the cards wouldn't clear. A different CC clearance company was the answer, lol.

Treefarmer
I have trier to even use my other debit. Neither CSV starts with a 0. Super frustrating!!

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
Then I see no reason why it would continue to tell me to use another payment method. No matter what I select, it starts off as a normal purchase, but as soon as you select to pay it takes you to a PayPal
At PayPal you should be given the option to pay without creating an account. The merchant is simply using PayPal as the payment processor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Call them. The guy answering the phone is likely Todd, the owner. Good dude. He'll tell you what to do
I just called and left a message. They probably won't be in until Monday due to the holiday. But thank you! 🤞

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I had that problem a couple months ago with two separate companies website on the same day. Neither would take any form of payment. It was a Sunday evening so I just waited until Monday night then both orders went right through. IDK a if it was a glitch on the side of the payment processing place or what happened. A phone call to CRI would probably resolve the issue. It looks like they make some nice stuff.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
When you go to checkout you should see options for PayPal or Checkout (pay without a PayPal account).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you go to checkout you should see options for PayPal or Checkout (pay without a PayPal account).

View attachment 781357
I do. And I click on the pay without PayPal. Then it tells you to use another payment method. As I said this went on for 5 days. And I'd like to think due to covid I'm an expert at online purchases lol

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
I do. And I click on the pay without PayPal. Then it tells you to use another payment method. As I said this went on for 5 days. And I'd like to think due to covid I'm an expert at online purchases lol
You don't get to this page?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You don't get to this page?

View attachment 781359
Yes I do. Then I fill everything out and when you submit payment it tells you this card acnt be used. Please try another payment method. And PayPal logo appears on top of the screen when it wasn't there before

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
Ok, there must be a problem then. Calling CRI is probably the best option, unless you open a PayPal account.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts