Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Tim for this video. As I have said before I find it very interesting when he does videos of the new compacts/subcompacts doing jobs that were done by the old tractors of yesterday. This will be the first year in about 4 that I am not using my New Idea so it was great to get to enjoy this.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Sky

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
It looked like a struggle until he got the 3025 hooked up.
I'm amazed the 1R was doing it though.

·
Premium Member
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could hear it working the 1025r but if the weeds were not there I think it would have had plenty of power.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Pretty neat

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I’ve always wanted to run one of those. Looks like a good time on a nice fall day.
I remember my dad putting up ear corn in a wire bin to feed the cows. My grandpa put his ear corn in one side of a wood crib. He kept his firewood in the other side. He had a hand crank ear corn sheller and a hand crank grinder to crack the corn. I remember going to the barn with my grandma to fill a bucket with ear corn then shell and grind it for the chickens.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I love these vids! Once they opened up the rollers it didn't clog up and seem to work easier.
Correct! I’m frustrated that we didn’t open the rollers sooner. My fault, as Rich suggested we do so. I think 1025r would have been fine after that adjustment.

Shoulda hooked it up again…but we were ready to ‘getter dun’.

Thanks for your kind words.

·
Premium Member
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your correct on the horsepower but the torque on those old tractors was over 3 times as much. Similar on the 1025 to 3025. Same rated hp but torque is more on the 3025.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.