Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had up to 11 bodies in our home for the past 10 nights, beginning Thursday before last. The last three left this afternoon. We hosted a family reunion on my Wife's mother's side a week ago, where home-made ice cream was prepared. I was surprised how many attendees had never eaten home made ice cream, let alone how few were aware of the process involved to make it.

I purchased a Can-Am 90 cc youth ATV from a neighbor. Three great nieces and the lone great nephew operated it. What a time they had. I won't have to mow my lower field for awhile, given the hot laps that were turned. The neighbor's two sons were over nearly every day; And the rough-housing must have gotten to the great nephew, a true city kid, as he was quiet and inactive yesterday.

Only one tick attached and a handful of lesser insect bites and minor scrapes.

All in all, a great time. We enjoy company, and we also enjoy seeing their tail lights cross our bridge.

Brian

·
Premium Member
13,967 Posts
Its always nice to see them come, but really nice to see them leave :laugh:... plus very lonely.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
et - Some craft beer, televised golf, and working wireless internet is helping me cope with the loneliness this afternoon.

I'll get through this somehow...

Brian

Its always nice to see them come, but really nice to see them leave :laugh:... plus very lonely.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
"Houseguests, like fish, begin to smell after three days." - Benjamin Franklin

Like many others, I enjoy having folks over, but I enjoy seeing them leave as well. We went over to (almost) etcallhome's neck of the woods over the weekend. At my dad's funeral back in April, my cousin suggested having a "Friends and Family Picnic" at his old family place in Phillipi, WV. A bit of a sparse turnout, but it was good to see folks from both sides of my family that I don't get to see very often. And it was doubly nice to see them at something other than a funeral!!

As an added bonus, since we were in WV, I picked up a few dozen pepperoni rolls at Tomaro's Bakery in Clarksburg, WV. If you don't know what a pepperoni roll is, you don't know what you're missing! :good2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts