Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
It must be the AWS being the difference in the comparison here because my experience is different. I just took delivery of my 1026R w/60" MMM, FEL, R4 and traded by x585 w/62" MMM, HDAP which I had for 10 years. I was really nervous that the 1026R would not be as nimble, especially with the turning radius and the ability to work in the large ditches I have out front. The tire choice was also a concern because I really liked the HDAPs and wanted something similar.

So far, I am very happy with the 1026R and like similarity between the two machines. The turning radius of the 1026R seems like it is almost the exactly the same as what my x585 was or so close I cannot complain. It seems to have the same ability to get in and out of the ditches. The tires seem like a real good choice, so far, and do not seem to damage the lawn any more than the HDAPs did. You can tell the 1026R is a lot heavier but it doesn't seem to effect anything in a negative way. The power difference between the two is hard to tell because they are so different but it seems very much like a tie there too, with the slight edge going to the 1026R. They both seem to mow my two acres in the same amount of time. The only down side that I notice about the 1026R, compared to the x585, is that it takes up a little more room in the garage.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would like to add in that the ride of the x585 was superior to the 1026R. When it is smooth the 1026R has a comfortable ride, probably due to its size, but when it gets rough you need to slow down or take the punishment. Before anyone mentions it yes, I am aware that changing the tire pressure could help but it is to point out the difference between the garden tractor vs the sub-compact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.