Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have declared this "completely unnecessary lighting upgrade" weekend in my garage. Or, how to make things more complicated than they really need to be. This actually worked out really well since there are so few places to mount switches on this thing. As we all know, there is basically no room anywhere for anything since JD took "compact" literally in it's design.

Installed a Feniex 4200 waterproof 6 button/output controller. Mounted on the right fender adjacent to the loader stick.
  • Output 1 & 2 are wired to flash the hazard lights, taillights, and high beam headlights in a strobe pattern
  • Output 3 is the amber lightbar on top of the ROPS
  • Output 4 is the front LED floodlight bar under the ROPS
  • Output 5 is LED rear work lights (not installed yet)
  • Output 6 is a relay on the back fender for my boom sprayer pump or other rear accessory

Welded a bracket to the ROPS so I can magnet mount the amber light bar for easy removal (and impact damage mitigation), keeping it flush with the top edge of the ROPS. LED flood lights also mount to this tab under the ROPS for protection. I have the front one on it now. My smaller rear floods got smashed in an incident with my garage door on my old 1026R so I need to order news ones. My extremely crappy welds are masked by my only slightly less crappy paint. I really like how this method keeps everything really tight in.

LED bulbs in the amber hazard lights and red tail lights. Connected the dim (low) red circuit to come on/off with the headlights. Connected the bright (high) red circuit to the Feniex flasher. Disconnected the circuit that puts the taillights on with they key (pointless). Then connected the amber hazard lights to the Feniex flasher. So they amber and red will flash in an X Pattern. And when the headlights are on, the red lights are on dim.

LED bulbs in the headlights. Since they are H4s, they do high and low beam. JD did not wire it do that, so I did. The headlights come on in low beam. When you turn the switch to work lights, the high beams come on. Makes a HUGE difference. I also wired the Feniex flasher to the headlight high beams with diode packs. The LED high beams flashing is pretty intense.

On the back fender, I put in a relay wired to the battery to provide power for my boom sprayer pump, controlled by the Feniex controller. On the controller, it's labeled as Aux 1.

Now, if it would just snow....

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
I think I love you. No that is not too strong of a word.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
"Now if it would just snow" So you can blast it away with raw LED light! I like it! Well done sir.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Is this for real?
The first few seconds of the video, in the garage, are priceless!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Emoticon Yellow Facial expression Head Smiley

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Were you inspired by a Kubota fan in Newfoundland?
Nope, not sure who you're talking about. But I'm sure I'm not the first to do this though. My inspiration was 13 years in the fire department doing this stuff on large red things.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Just watch out for a Tesla’s I heard they are attracted to flashing lights. ?

Great job looks sharp.

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Thanks, I am blind now... lol! Nobody can claim they didn't see you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love it all except the welding on the ROPS! :eek::oops:

I have declared this "completely unnecessary lighting upgrade" weekend in my garage. Or, how to make things more complicated than they really need to be. This actually worked out really well since there are so few places to mount switches on this thing. As we all know, there is basically no room anywhere for anything since JD took "compact" literally in it's design.

Installed a Feniex 4200 waterproof 6 button/output controller. Mounted on the right fender adjacent to the loader stick.
  • Output 1 & 2 are wired to flash the hazard lights, taillights, and high beam headlights in a strobe pattern
  • Output 3 is the amber lightbar on top of the ROPS
  • Output 4 is the front LED floodlight bar under the ROPS
  • Output 5 is LED rear work lights (not installed yet)
  • Output 6 is a relay on the back fender for my boom sprayer pump or other rear accessory
View attachment 723641

Welded a bracket to the ROPS so I can magnet mount the amber light bar for easy removal (and impact damage mitigation), keeping it flush with the top edge of the ROPS. LED flood lights also mount to this tab under the ROPS for protection. I have the front one on it now. My smaller rear floods got smashed in an incident with my garage door on my old 1026R so I need to order news ones. My extremely crappy welds are masked by my only slightly less crappy paint. I really like how this method keeps everything really tight in.

View attachment 723642 View attachment 723643

LED bulbs in the amber hazard lights and red tail lights. Connected the dim (low) red circuit to come on/off with the headlights. Connected the bright (high) red circuit to the Feniex flasher. Disconnected the circuit that puts the taillights on with they key (pointless). Then connected the amber hazard lights to the Feniex flasher. So they amber and red will flash in an X Pattern. And when the headlights are on, the red lights are on dim.

LED bulbs in the headlights. Since they are H4s, they do high and low beam. JD did not wire it do that, so I did. The headlights come on in low beam. When you turn the switch to work lights, the high beams come on. Makes a HUGE difference. I also wired the Feniex flasher to the headlight high beams with diode packs. The LED high beams flashing is pretty intense.

On the back fender, I put in a relay wired to the battery to provide power for my boom sprayer pump, controlled by the Feniex controller. On the controller, it's labeled as Aux 1.

Now, if it would just snow....

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love it all except the welding on the ROPS! :eek::oops:
Unfortunately the newer style ROPS is remarkably higher than my old 1026R. That light bar flush against the top of the ROPS, as low profile as physically possible, scrapes the bottom of the garage door opener arm. Nothing mounted on top of KennyClamps would even clear the door opening. On the old one, that light bar on the clamps plus it's own little feet still cleared just fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am a Firefighter/Paramedic so anything flashing, wigwaging I love.
Someone once told me "A grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't"

·
Registered
604 Posts
Now you just need to get some "Epileptic Seizure Warning" and "Possible Retinal Damage May Occur Without Proper Eye Protection" signs put on all four sides of the tractor, ...and a P.A. system to broadcast an audio warning when in use, because nobody will be able to read the signs while the lights are flashing. =O)

Cartoon Animated cartoon Finger Animation Anime

·
Premium Member
13,673 Posts
Oh, oh, now I have some work to do............

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
EXCELLENT!
Do you happen to live near an airport runway and you warn planes on their approach?
Are you related to Clark Griswald? ;-)
-Awsome job!-

1 - 20 of 41 Posts