Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a low spot in the concrete under the lean to on the back of the barn. When it rains, it collects water. I'd like to try to try to level it out, so the water sheds off of the edge of the pad. Since it's under the lean to, it is low traffic and won't see anything very heavy on it. I'm looking at Sakrete Flo-Coat Resurfacer or Top'n Bond Concrete Patcher as possible solutions. I've never used a product like this. Does anyone have any experience with one of these products, or something different that can level a little dip out?

Here's the dip

20160607_163754.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got a low spot in the concrete under the lean to on the back of the barn. When it rains, it collects water. I'd like to try to try to level it out, so the water sheds off of the edge of the pad. Since it's under the lean to, it is low traffic and won't see anything very heavy on it. I'm looking at Sakrete Flo-Coat Resurfacer or Top'n Bond Concrete Patcher as possible solutions. I've never used a product like this. Does anyone have any experience with one of these products, or something different that can level a little dip out?

Here's the dip

View attachment 192746

they work well from what I have seen, watch the thickness some are only supposed to be about an 1/8 inch skim coat. I believe like most surfacing products prep is the key.

·
Premium Member
14,130 Posts
My experience ,, if you can find some , go with a commercial grade fix,, most of the over the counter is a maybe 6 mo-1 yr patch. Find a location that sells only concrete-cement products .

and yes prep is the key to any patch.

I had used over the counter repair for a few cracks in my concrete, about every 2 yrs I would have to repair again..
When to a concrete business 4 yrs ago , bought some crack filler still looks as good today as it did when I did the repair.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
Just thinking out loud here Bubber, If the drainage is good under the concrete, what if you were to drill a hole in the lowest spot and call it a day? Say a 1" hole or even bigger if you can get the bit.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thinking out loud here Bubber, If the drainage is good under the concrete, what if you were to drill a hole in the lowest spot and call it a day? Say a 1" hole or even bigger if you can get the bit.
That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of. It has good drainage and since it's in the back, it really won't be seen...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of. It has good drainage and since it's in the back, it really won't be seen...
Make an even bigger hole and put a drain cover over it. :thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
Ha, I was just looking at these
Perfect! :good2: :lol:
I'd make sure the low spot can handle the total diameter of the top without it sticking up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts