Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOPEFULLY, next year at this time the 3520 will be parked in a new garage...:pray:
I'm a "planner" so I was thinking of this...does anybody here have any experience with staining concrete?
One of the new buildings here at work has some black stained concrete floors...VERRRYYYY Nice stuff...Polished to a high gloss..which is NOT what i want for a garage floor...but I was wondering how it would look if someone stained a "slip resistant" floor? And how does it work? Mainly for me, I think it would look good and help hide oil stains, welding marks, etc...
Painting or those Epoxy coatings is OUT as i've never seen one of those floor coatings last.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had good luck with epoxy and painting. Floor prep is the most important part.

We did stain our back porch. It turned out well

D>
I've heard the whole "prep" thing is key, but after seeing professionally done jobs/homeowner done jobs, etc... NONE of them last. I dunno if it has to do with the weather here (Hot in Summer/Cold in Winter) in Maine or what... The one that lasted the best was the pro job...but even then, the tire tracks where the vehicles travel & park was all peeled up and not lookin so hot.
I figure with stain, its permanent no matter what?

·
Registered
154 Posts
They are doing all the sidewalks in my area a dark red with grey. Everything is stamped but in a slip resistant finish. It looks very nice and while watching it, I also thought of a dark grey tint for a driveway. It would give the home a different look. I think your idea is great, I just wonder the cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts