Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that in a system with PB if you add a valve into the system (rear remotes, 3rd function etc) that it has to be a valve with 3 system ports Press., return, and PB. When I was looking at the WR Long 3rd function kit and video from Everything Attachments it is only a 2 port system, just being plumbed in the PB line. I want to add a 3rd function for my 1025r so I can operate a small grapple but I don't want to do something that will hurt my tractor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I would rather have a true 3rd function and not a diverter

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
Correct. The subplate mounted electric over hydraulic valves do not have PB, we have to assume they can withstand the possible back pressure on the out ports from the downstream valves. Most regular monoblock and stack valves cannot.

If your reasoning for wanting a true 3rd function over a diverter is "I want to be able to do three things at once", well you might be disappointed, there is only 3.5 GPM to work with so that's not really feasible on a 1-series.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diverter it is

Thanks Kenny!! I didn't think about the back pressure and it appears that an electric-over-hydraulic selector valve would be the safest way to go since it would retain the use of the tank line.

Thanks again for clearing this up for me, I have worked on hydraulics quite a bit but never on a tractor or had to deal with power beyond before.:good2::good2::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts