Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, first time posting here. Have a question about about two different kits for a third SCV for a 1025r. BLV11218 and BLV11217. They seem almost identical but with a big price difference. BLV11218 (cheap one) supposedly isnt compatible with the third function kit BLV11143, however the kit includes the third scv to third function hydraulic line, which would seem to me that it is compatible? I would like to install the third scv kit for hyd top link and the third function for grapple. I see there are aftermarket solutions however I would like to go the OEM route because of the clean install. Any thoughts on this? BTW, my tractor is a 2013 1025r. Love this forum, lots of great info!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I spent over $1300 adding the front 3rd SCV to my 2020 tractor. I installed myself because the dealer wanted $2200 for them to install. I wish i had added the summit kit. I would've had 3 extra rear valves and spent $300 less for the whole thing. :(

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I am not sure about the two kits. Just sort of curious if it could be that one is for the rear and the other is for the loader.
I could see how a rear SCV kit would be much cheaper then the front kit for the loader.

Reactions: Pcaff2473

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, the summit solution is an attractive idea and a good value. Mounting that big valve body on the rops is prob what I like least about it though. I picture myself catching it on branches and other obstacles as well as myself as I maneuver around the tractor in a very overloaded garage. OEM is more $, but I do like everything tucked away and protected, plus I think you could recoup a higher percent of the cost In resale value if I ever have to sell.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
It's not even safe underneath 😕 I almost lost mine to a stick. You can see my valve in this one. Stick hit the lines

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Yellow Rim Bicycle part

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I hate sticks.

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I had a stick take out my cruise control On my tractor. sticks have a habit of getting into place they shouldn’t. If I spent more time in the woods, I would put some type of skid plat / stick deflecter under the tractor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the location of the scv lever, the one I was looking at BLV11218, looks like the same scv but mounts up on the rops about the height of the armrest. Yours is more out of the way, is it easy to reach?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like the location of the scv lever, the one I was looking at BLV11218, looks like the same scv but mounts up on the rops about the height of the armrest. Yours is more out of the way, is it easy to reach?
yes it is easy to reach. Works well with the box blade and flail mower as the 3pt leaver it right there. You may have to buy this part# and install it yourself, depends on the dealer. I got quotes from 3 dealers and two of them said this was not compatible with the 1025r and kept quoting me the rear scv on the ROPs. I bought it from a dealer that is more ag based than turf and the sales guy had a 1025r with this rear scv so I got chance to see it. If you try and build a 1025r you will get the ROPs mounted version.

That being said, if you order the mauser cab, you can't used the ROPs one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you, good to know. I actually ordered the the rops mounted one for $308, instructions say it’s not compatible with third function but I don’t believe it. Looking at all the parts that come with the kit it is almost identical to the other rops mounted one that they want over $600 for. I figured Id give it a try, if it works with third function I will report back here as a way to save some cash, if it doesn’t I will try to return. I would rather have the mount location you have though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.