Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually stay pretty close to home but yesterday morning I hopped over here to see what's up and then went outside for the day. Came back later in the afternoon and forgot I left the browser on a GTT page not WFM. The two sites look so much alike that for a minute or so I was wondering what in God's name happened to the WFM forums. :D

·
Registered
JD AWS x534 48" mower; JD 1025r w / Mauser cab: 48" Snow blower: 48" JD Plugger: 48" Titan Pine Rake
7 Posts
I usually stay pretty close to home but yesterday morning I hopped over here to see what's up and then went outside for the day. Came back later in the afternoon and forgot I left the browser on a GTT page not WFM. The two sites look so much alike that for a minute or so I was wondering what in God's name happened to the WFM forums. :D
I doesn't get batter I'm sorry to say..........!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well now you got me confused, which is actually quite easy to do. What is WFM?
Weekend Freedom Machines - another forum that has a lot of knowledgeable members and information on the older John Deere garden tractors. There are some crossovers between the two forums.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thanks! Google wasn't too helpful. It does look quite similar as do a couple other Verticalscope sites i look at. The new format is growing on me, though. I like the NEW button up top.

·
Super Moderator
2,824 Posts
Since me and Jason are both on staff on both sites, we consider GTT and WFM sister sites. Both sites are owned by VS, and both sites were own by the same person(s) before VS bought both sites. We tried to set up the L&G sections here to coincide with WFM, a vintage L&G forum and a regular L&G forum.

·
Administrator
23,174 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
It would confuse me also.

rob

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Since me and Jason are both on staff on both sites, we consider GTT and WFM sister sites. Both sites are owned by VS, and both sites were own by the same person(s) before VS bought both sites. We tried to set up the L&G sections here to coincide with WFM, a vintage L&G forum and a regular L&G forum.
I've often wondered. Do you guys do this just for the honor and prestige, or do you get paid perks or money?
🤴 or 💲 ?

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
20,049 Posts
I'm reminded of the Bob Newhart TV show. One of the regular characters used to introduce his sidekicks by saying, 'This is my brother Daryl and this is my other brother Daryl'. :D
Larry, Darryl and Darryl.

·
Premium Member
10,378 Posts
I’m not old yet and I’m already confused

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I've often wondered. Do you guys do this just for the honor and prestige, or do you get paid perks or money?
🤴 or 💲 ?
My wife was an admin on a forum - trust me, she did not get paid - just worked her butt off. I am sure at some level there is a pay, but just a plain-o admin, I doubt it. Thank you's is probably their best pay and we don't do that enough - maybe never.

THANK YOU Administrators and Moderators!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.