Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all!

After a few years of struggling with the mounting system for the JD Material Collection system, I finally had enough! You have to remove the I-Match in order to mount the MCS. It just takes too much time to remove the I-match, mount the MCS bracket and then reverse the whole process when you need any other rear mounted implement.

My bracket attaches directly to the I-match with no modifications to the MCS. If you have an MCS and independent deck lift, you owe it to yourself to take a look at this system! An offload cart is also in the works so you will never have to lift the hopper again for mount, dismount, and winter storage.

I really believe the people who operate the equipment sometimes find things the engineers may have overlooked as far as convenience or ease of use. You can find evidence of that all over GTT!! My main goal with this product and others to come is to make our work easier! Please take a look!

Thanks!!

Randy

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
:ttiwwp:

:munch: :)

EDIT: Just noticed the other thread with the video. Very well done sir!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much! I just about scrapped the whole thing after the "big wigs" at JD told me they were not interested in the project. They said it was nice, but they didn't sell enough baggers to worry about it. That is fine from a business standpoint, but what about those of us who did buy the bagger! Based on the reaction I have had this week, it is a needed fix!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Randy, I bought mine last spring but haven't had the need to use it yet. I've just had too much work with my backhoe projects. Now that I need to use it, I've found my chute has been cut down by the dealer and is too short to use with your bracket. I went on green tractor parts and was shocked to find that a new chute assemble is almost $300! If I leave off the useless "bags are full" indicator it's still around 2 bills. I should have known a plastic chute made by JD would be 3 times what I expected. Is there a work around for this?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mighty generous of you Randy! I have one cut line showing. I took a pic, don't know if you can see it was dark and only a flash light.
uploadfromtaptalk1380239228734.jpg

Sent from the john using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think yours is cut at D. The used one I have is cut at B because the 2520 is a bit longer than your 1026 or 1025. This will gain you 5.75". I think that should be enough to get you by. The part number imprinted on my chute is LVU17904. If your is the same and that is enough length, I would be happy to send it to you as it is just lying around here anyway. I wouldn't ask anything for the chute but maybe we could split the shipping? I'm not sure what it would cost, but shouldn't be too much as its pretty light and not too deep.

Verify the part number and the dimensions and let me know. I will get you a shipping cost then.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice! It is indeed the same chute, LVU17904. I'll PM you my address for the shipping costs. I was impressed with the quality of your product, now I'm sold on the stand behind service too! Other members take note.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am just thankful I can help in this case. I believe so strongly that this system works and is better than Deere's current method. Chute length is why dealers need to know about this option when the baggers are sold. I am working hard to get the word out to dealers and will also be trying to license it through Deere Corporate. It may not be necessary for every buyer, but for those who change implements or those who don't want to or cant wrestle with the hopper (MCS Mounting Cart) this is the only way to fly!

Again, thanks for the order and glad I could help.

·
Registered
768 Posts
How much does the actual JD MCS system cost from JD for the 1025/6Rs?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few years back mine was $1860.00 but I'm afraid they are now over $2,000.00. I know Mutton Power Equipment is advertising them now for $2,069.00.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Wow, that's an expensive bagging system! Does the JD MCS system have a driven impeller on the chute?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it does. The fan mounts to the deck and is run by a drive belt attached to the right blade pulley on the deck. The chute then mounts to the fan. While no bagger system is "un-pluggable" it really does do a nice job of getting the grass up into the bags. Even in pretty heavy grass, you can fill the bags way past their capacity and the hopper top actually holds a bunch of clippings as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2520 with MCS

Hi Randy, I have a few questions for you about your system. I have a 2520 with a MCS that my dealer installed on ithe tractor when I bought it. I don't know if, or where they cut the chute, so would I have to replace my chute if I went with your system? I now use a Harbor Frieght Quick Hitch so, would your system mount up to it? Also, it seems that the vacuum blower and mower deck doesn't match up verywell. Seems like a lot of grass/leaves blows out and not up the into the vacuum. Would you have a photo of where the deck and blower match up. I usually just run a bunch of duct tape around the blower/chute to try to seal it off! Thanks, Fred

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good Morning Fred and thanks for your interest!

First off, the dealer likely did cut the chute. On the end that connects to the blower, there are letters A-D or E?? If the A is not there, it has been cut and you would need to replace it with my system.

On the HF Hitch, I could not say if it the bracket will fit. It is built to very tight tolerances to the JD I-Match to keep it quiet and prevent rattling. The HF Hitch would need to be pretty much identical as the I-Match for this to work.

The air and material leak down by the blower sounds odd to me. Normally, if you get any leakage, it will be on the hopper side where the chute goes into the hopper through that rubber seal. I could send you a pic later tonight. I would be more interested in seeing a pic of yours as well to see if it may be set up wrong because this is not normal. Errors could be they did not trim the blower shroud and it may be sitting at a strange angle.

Please send me a quick pic of that connection. Maybe I could see something.

Thanks!

Randy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts