Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the boot kit to use my Agri Fab lawn vac with the J D 60 d deck. It includes instructions on how to assemble the bracket to the boot. The instructions then fall short. How is boot/bracket attached to the deck. No hardware supplied so must assume bungee cords are used. I see several holes in the bracket. Look forward to your experience with this. Thanks, Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't have one but I have been looking at one for 54d. And I thought the two holes fit on to the two studs that hold the discharge chute. Apologize if the 60d is different from what I have been looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be nice if that's the case. I'm in Minnesota and have my deck put away, so reason I'm asking. It looks like a well made product, would think it would mount nicely. Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
768 Posts
Do not use a bungee cord to connect the deck boot to the mowing deck, it must be mechanically fastened. I believe my deck boot (same as yours) did come with the hardware to fasten it to the deck, but if not, you can easily pickup the hardware. Two carriage bolts, washers, and nuts are to be used to fasten the metal bracket that fits inside the plastic boot to predrilled holes in the deck. Hopefully these pictures help, if not, let me know and I'll shoot some better pics and post them.

IMG_6707.jpg

IMG_6708.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks for the pictures. That will be a good and secure mounting. I'll relax now ! Otherwise would have been wondering all winter. Dan

Reactions: Green Man

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm sure you can tell, but just so you know I took these pictures with the discharge deflector still in place as I was just testing out how the metal boot bracket was going to fit the deck. I don't keep the discharge deflector in place with the boot on the deck. The boot bolts on in about 30 seconds and no holes need to be drilled.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I was wondering if I should remove deflector when using the vac. Now I know ! I was using a generic boot supplied with the Vac, cut to fit. It was held on with bungee cord. Was really beat up, only lasted 3 years. But at time, couldn't find a JD boot fitting this deck. Anxious to try it. Thanks, Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts