Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had an L130 for about 5 years....put only around 150 hours on it. While I did not have problems from the tranny, I have read enough here, other sites, and simply from googling, that I would have considered where you are now heading......spending the extra money to avoid a rather strong potential for a problem.

I'd look at as insurance....but, better! Here the insurance buys you a nicer performing product while reducing your risk:cheers:

Good luck with final decision and please show pics!

·
Registered
437 Posts
X320

I have had an LA140, X320, X500, X540, 2305 and now finally a 2320 and again an X320. I have always regarded the X320 as the best mower of the bunch. I started this JD binge back in 2007. I repeatedly took advantage of the 30 day return policy. I created a somewhat unfavorable reputation with the local JD dealers. I ended up buying the 2305, X320 and 2320 from Stanton Equipment in Plainfield CT, great dealership. I had some problems with the LA140, X500 and X540 tractors. Now I have the 2320 as my "Heavy Duty Mule" and the X320 as my "Mini-Mowing Mule). The X320 is a great lttle tractor. I have the 44" snow plow with chains and weight for sale right now. I dont need them anymore with the 2320. I would not hesitate to go for the X320. Good luck!

VP

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have had an LA140, X320, X500, X540, 2305 and now finally a 2320 and again an X320. I have always regarded the X320 as the best mower of the bunch. I started this JD binge back in 2007. I repeatedly took advantage of the 30 day return policy. I created a somewhat unfavorable reputation with the local JD dealers. I ended up buying the 2305, X320 and 2320 from Stanton Equipment in Plainfield CT, great dealership. I had some problems with the LA140, X500 and X540 tractors. Now I have the 2320 as my "Heavy Duty Mule" and the X320 as my "Mini-Mowing Mule). The X320 is a great lttle tractor. I have the 44" snow plow with chains and weight for sale right now. I dont need them anymore with the 2320. I would not hesitate to go for the X320. Good luck!

VP
That's great to hear Pete! I've already made the decision to get the X320, and pick it up this Saturday. :yahoo:

Only about 62 hours to go... but who's counting. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Pete,

Nice... very nice! I guess one can't have enough green and yellow machines around the house. :laugh:

Anyhow, less than 62 hours to go until I get my new X320... but I'm not anxious. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Pete,

Nice... very nice! I guess one can't have enough green and yellow machines around the house. :laugh:

Anyhow, less than 62 hours to go until I get my new X320... but I'm not anxious. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Hopefully you still have grass that needs to be cut! I couldnt wait for the snow to melt so I cut cut my lawn again!

VP

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hopefully you still have grass that needs to be cut! I couldnt wait for the snow to melt so I cut cut my lawn again!

VP
Nope... no more cutting this year. I'm going to bring it home... admire it for a while, and then get it ready for storage. Every once in a while, I'll go out to the garage, pull off the cover, and admire it some more. :lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
My other baby (Suzuki King Quad) has a nice big 60" plow. So, the JD can get plenty of rest over the winter. Plus, when I'm done plowing, I can take the plow off and raise a little "heck" with it. :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Plows pretty good Pete. Obviously, if we get a lot of heavy/wet snow, it has a harder time. I've plowed 12" of fluffy snow with no problem. If I want to make the pile higher, I just raise the plow, lock the front diff... and drive up the snow bank. :laugh:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.