Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for assistance to use my 450 tiller ( previously used on 425 JD ) on my 1026R. I realize the tractor end of PTO (on tiller) needs to be changed from male to female connection. Is there a piece that fits into the square shaft and will connect onto the tractor?

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions,
JD3X

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts
Perhaps some pictures would help us help you. :good2:

BTW, I moved this to the implement and attachment section.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
I just did a quick Google search-it looks like it should work as far as the PTO speed and such, but I have no idea about the PTO connection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for assistance to use my 450 tiller ( previously used on 425 JD ) on my 1026R. I realize the tractor end of PTO (on tiller) needs to be changed from male to female connection. Is there a piece that fits into the square shaft and will connect onto the tractor?

JD3X
Did you get this to work? I'm in the same situation.

·
Registered
223 Posts
A photo of the PTO connection on the tiller would be helpful.
I guess I at a loss on what you are talking about on the PTO. I have a 425 and a 1025R I have PTO attachments for the 425 that I now use on the 1025 The only issue if it's a 3 pt attachment , you need to change it from a category 03PT to a category 1 3 PT .Both tractor PTO's are the same

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts

JD3X
I guess I at a loss on what you are talking about on the PTO. I have a 425 and a 1025R I have PTO attachments for the 425 that I now use on the 1025 The only issue if it's a 3 pt attachment , you need to change it from a category 03PT to a category 1 3 PT .Both tractor PTO's are the same
In the original post, the gentleman stated he was having an issue with the PTO connection.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picture of PTO shaft

In the original post, the gentleman stated he was having an issue with the PTO connection.
Attached is a picture of my tiller PTO shaft. My tiller has a male fitting, and so does my 1026R. What type of conversion needs to be done?

Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Attached is a picture of my tiller PTO shaft. My tiller has a male fitting, and so does my 1026R. What type of conversion needs to be done?

Thanks for all your help.
What is on the other half of the pto shaft? I only see one out of two sections pictured. Dose that "male" end not pop out with a push of the bottom on the pto collar?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is on the other half of the pto shaft? I only see one out of two sections pictured. Dose that "male" end not pop out with a push of the bottom on the pto collar?
This a one piece unit connected to the U joint.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PTO connection

That is interesting. So that means your 425 has a male spline sticking out of the PTO. Correct?

JD3X

·
Registered
71 Posts
Take it to your John Deere dealer or some place that works on PTO shafts. The male end can be removed and a female end put on the PTO shaft.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PTO shaft

Take it to your John Deere dealer or some place that works on PTO shafts. The male end can be removed and a female end put on the PTO shaft.
Thanks so much with all your help.

I'll get this changed next spring when tilling season begins.

:good2::good2::good2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts