Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a Landscape Rake and like the reviews and price of the 5’ Titan ($750) but I don’t think it is iMatch compatible. I wondering what it would take to convert it. Pictures would certainly help. Also, has anyone added a leg to support it when “parked”.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,797 Posts
I made a stand for ours back in 1988. Nowadays some come with stands very similar to the one I made...

Img_3870_1.jpg

A top link adapter may be what you need :dunno:...

80717.jpg

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a similar if not the same rake I purchased from Agri Supply. I had to replace the single angle support with two pieces and space them to the outside to allow my top hook to engage.

I messed up early on and worked off one piece of equipment so my top hook doesn't connect at the standard cat1 height but I have all my equipment adapted to it so it's not an issue. It actually works out better for me on some equipment but that is another subject. My quick hitch is also the Agri Supply unit but I assume it's similar to the iMatch. It came from the store with the extended top hook that wasn't on the HF quick hitch.

The rake I have has torn the metal on the main beam a couple of times. Both the pivot and angle support areas have torn and had to be rewelded.
I am not going to blame it on the rake because I have abused it and pulled heavy loads of brush and even logs with it. The last damage was the angle iron the tines are bolted to. It is a plain piece of 4" angle with no gussets and I eventually twisted it. When I replaced it I welded in gussets on the ends and every few sections of tines to strengthen it. I also replaced the pivot pin with a bolt and tightened it down to eliminate the slop on the pivot area. I can still remove the bolt and pivot the rake if I want but it requires tools now.

The Titan wheel kit fit right on my rake but the wheels were too close for my liking so when I had to replace the main angle piece I cut the tubes and put an extension in them. The tube ID on the wheel kit was 2" so a standard 2" radius corner tube fits right inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Titan support feedback

I heard back from Titan support and they said their rake is NOT iMatch compatible, there would be interference with the top hitch hook. It looks like some serious re-engineering would be required. Too bad. I certainly liked the price of their rake.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,797 Posts
I heard back from Titan support and they said their rake is NOT iMatch compatible, there would be interference with the top hitch hook. It looks like some serious re-engineering would be required. Too bad. I certainly liked the price of their rake.
Under $20↓↓↓ I use this on our rake

A top link adapter may be what you need :dunno:...

·
Administrator
18,288 Posts
Is this Titan Attachments, or Titan Implements?

Two different companies. One actually makes things in Tennessee and one is located in Tennessee but imports everything from China.

·
Administrator
18,288 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
12,710 Posts
Once you understand how the iMatch and all quick hitches work it is pretty easy to tell just by looking if it is going to work. Variations in dimensions aside, as long as there is nothing to interfere with the iMatch top-hook raising up from underneath and grabbing onto the cross pin, it should work ok.

The implements that typically have the most problems are the ones constructed with L-channel and flat bar. Due to the weak nature of these materials the manufacturer will typically weld in a brace under the top-pin area and this will interfere with the iMatch top-hook grabbing on.

Below are some examples. You can see the cross bracing and how it interferes with the area under the top pin. In one example the manufacturer placed a single diagonal top brace right in the middle of the upper pin. There is a photo showing how someone fixed this issue by replacing the single diagonal brace with two braces, one on each side of the pin. This keeps the area clear for the iMatch top-hook.

The majority of the quick hitch issues with modern implements is due to cross bracing in the top-link area.

Attachments

Reactions: USAFRet and Gizmo2

·
Registered
753 Posts
I am planning on getting a Landscape Rake and like the reviews and price of the 5’ Titan ($750) but I don’t think it is iMatch compatible. I wondering what it would take to convert it. Pictures would certainly help. Also, has anyone added a leg to support it when “parked”.
Joe,

I recently needed to pick up a couple of attachments and decided to buy County Line attachments from Tractor Supply. Their attachments are built like a BSH and work as advertised. I was also concerned with Imatch but have had no issues with the County Line attachments.

Look at the top link on the County Line attachments, they don't get in the way of the Imatch hook, and the lower pin spacing is correct in the vertical and horizontal plane.

And finally, their prices are lower for a better product. Here's a link to one of their rakes, wheel kit optional.

CountyLine Landscape Rake, 5 ft. W at Tractor Supply Co.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two companies

Is this Titan Attachments, or Titan Implements?

Two different companies. One actually makes things in Tennessee and one is located in Tennessee but imports everything from China.
I should pay better attention. I have been focusing on Titan Attachments (which is not iMatch compatible) rather than Titan Implements. I am going to chase down the Titan Implements product.

Thanks much for that heads-up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good tip

Joe,

I recently needed to pick up a couple of attachments and decided to buy County Line attachments from Tractor Supply. Their attachments are built like a BSH and work as advertised. I was also concerned with Imatch but have had no issues with the County Line attachments.

Look at the top link on the County Line attachments, they don't get in the way of the Imatch hook, and the lower pin spacing is correct in the vertical and horizontal plane.

And finally, their prices are lower for a better product. Here's a link to one of their rakes, wheel kit optional.

I shop at TSC often but didn’t think their rake was equal to Titan or JD. with your recommendation I am going to take a look.

This forum is really helping me. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,120 Posts
I shop at TSC often but didn’t think their rake was equal to Titan or JD. with your recommendation I am going to take a look.

This forum is really helping me. Thanks.
What part of the country do you live in?

I have a 5' Frontier Landscape rake with the I Match bushings and the front kick stand I am selling. I used it one time and just don't need it.

I am in the S.W. corner of Michigan........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shipping

Joe,

BobL, I checked out TSC for the rake and I can see it is iMatch compatible. Unfortunately it is not in stock anywhere near me and they want $184 to ship it to the store near me. That makes it more expensive than the Frontier rake which will be dropped off on site by my JD dealer. Too bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sale

What part of the country do you live in?

I have a 5' Frontier Landscape rake with the I Match bushings and the front kick stand I am selling. I used it one time and just don't need it.

I am in the S.W. corner of Michigan........
I was born and raised in MI but now live in central PA. Zip 17021. I would be interested in your used one. I wonder if the freight would be a cost issue. P.S. my folks had a cottage on Birch Lake near Jones where I spent a lot of time.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,797 Posts
Yes but what if the lower pin spacing is wrong too?
:dunno:

Below are some examples. You can see the cross bracing and how it interferes with the area under the top pin. In one example the manufacturer placed a single diagonal top brace right in the middle of the upper pin. There is a photo showing how someone fixed this issue by replacing the single diagonal brace with two braces, one on each side of the pin. This keeps the area clear for the iMatch top-hook.

The majority of the quick hitch issues with modern implements is due to cross bracing in the top-link area.
Ours...

IMG_0608.JPG

·
Registered
377 Posts
That Titan Implements Rake looks to be much better built than the Titan Attachment version. I imagine it is priced accordingly but as they say. Looks like they have a couple of dealers near you.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
For those with engineering opinions, would one better to allow the center support to flex...even use a chain so the tines could move up and down especially with the wheel kit. I have the King Kutter and could easily fabricate a center pivot..much like on a bushog….wonder why they made this rigid?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts