Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, It hasn't been since last Xmas that anyone in the family made homemade cookies.
I come tooling into the kitchen from being outside and not a soul in sight but the aroma of fresh cookies throughout, behold I see sitting on the counter, I help myself to one.

20140907_162102_resized.jpg

My daughter walks in and I say, who made the cookies.
She says, I did.
I say, Those are the worst cookies I have ever eaten.
She says, They are for the horses, (Oatmeal Carrot Crunchies, Horse Treats).
I say, I knew that!

Nothing is as it seems anymore! They sure smelled good.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
No it wasn't! :lol:
That story, in general, is funny. Fact.

In that situation, I would've done exactly what you did. Difference is, I wasn't in that situation.
I found it a little extra funny because it happened to you. :drinks::laugh::laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually they were not ALL that bad but definitely not what the brain and taste buds had expected.
We always made bran mash on the stove for the mare when she was getting close to foaling so it sort of brought back memories.
I always wanted to make bran muffins with the bran we bought for the horses but never did. I am sure it was the same stuff you would buy in the store in smaller containers.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Reminds me of when my sister and I saw my grandmother eat our dogs beef jerky. She was visiting our home and just grabbed a piece of jerky and opened the wrapper and ate it. My sister and I were both in shock. My grandmother said she always heard about beef jerky and wanted to try it. She then said "I just don't see what people see in it." We were rolling on the floor laughing when she left the room. You had to know here to really understand why it was so funny. We never told her it was dog jerky.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reminds me of when my sister and I saw my grandmother eat our dogs beef jerky. She was visiting our home and just grabbed a piece of jerky and opened the wrapper and ate it. My sister and I were both in shock. My grandmother said she always heard about beef jerky and wanted to try it. She then said "I just don't see what people see in it." We were rolling on the floor laughing when she left the room. You had to know here to really understand why it was so funny. We never told her it was dog jerky.
56FordGuy, now that is funny! ^^^
:lol:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
This whole thread is a riot. I like peanut butter on molasses cookies. You might want to try it Gizmo.

Were they soft or did you have to dunk them in coffee?:laugh:

This is like some of the other threads that I have read, and said to myself, "I don't think that I could have posted that if it were me."

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
@Gizmo, did your daughter laugh at you?

I think it is the laugh of the day. Too funny. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
709 Posts
BTW, 1st person stories are always the funniest Gizmo. :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Were they soft or did you have to dunk them in coffee?:laugh:
@Gizmo, did your daughter laugh at you? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Never had a chance for the coffee dunk, I just opened the bag, grab one and shoved it in my mouth.
Daughter just chalked it up as one more stupid thing I did.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:lol::lol::lol:Just wait until manana.....when the bran/fiber takes effect :lol::munch:....you'll have a worthy "good morning" post
:lol::lol:Good point............................to be continued.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In as much as I was a good boy and posted in the Cooking forum and I just know you all are dying to try them I may as well post up the recipe my daughter used...

Horse Treats Oatmeal Carrot Crunchies

All you’ll need is a mixing bowl, a cookie sheet, an oven and the ingredients below: Oatmeal Carrot Crunchies
1 cup dry oatmeal
1 cup flour
1 cut chopped carrots
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1⁄4 cup molasses

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Chop the carrots.
2. Mix in the oatmeal, salt flour and sugar.
3. Mix in the chopped carrots.
4. Stir in two teaspoons of vegetable oil.
5. Pour in the molasses.
6. Stir until everything is mixed together.
7. Form into small balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
8. Put in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:lol::lol:Good point............................to be continued.
I'm glad that I live all the way down in Texas. It might not be pleasant around NY tomorrow! :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Gizmo, since you posted the family recipe, are you going to see if you can whip up a tastier batch than your daughter's? The time may come when you need them again.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts