1 c. brown sugar (I use light brown)
2 c. grated, unpeeled zucchini
3 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
3 t. cinnamon
1 c. finely chopped walnuts

Beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugars and vanilla and beat. Add oil and beat. Gradually add dry ingredients. Fold in zucchini and beat. Stir in nuts. Bake at 350* in 2 greased and floured loaf pans for 1 hour.

FG tip:

(Since some ovens do vary slightly, I bake for 55 minutes, then insert a toothpick into the cneter of the loaves. If toothpick comes out clean, they are done. If not, use toothpick method to check every 5 minutes, until it comes out clean.)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,505 Posts
I like just the title for the thread, sounds like a TV show.:good2::fed:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like just the title for the thread, sounds like a TV show.:good2::fed:
:laugh: Stay tuned! More dishes to follow! :lol: :mocking:

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks delicious and great timing........our garden runneth over with zucchini and squash
The bread can be wrapped in foil, then placed in a freezer bag, and frozen for up to 4 months! I sometimes have a loaf of it at Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
446 Posts
The bread can be wrapped in foil, then placed in a freezer bag, and frozen for up to 4 months! I sometimes have a loaf of it at Thanksgiving!
Maybe it can be mailed to your fellow John Deere enthusiasts?

·
Premium Member
7,505 Posts

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
We won't have a big scandal on our hands here if we look into your past will we? :laugh::lol:

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We won't have a big scandal on our hands here if we look into your past will we? :laugh::lol:
Kenny; I have been a pilot! Wild and crazy goes with the territory. Scandals? I wonder what some would say? LOL :p

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you!

And mtnman:

:wgtt:

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fake steak

In Texas and the South, we eat Chicken Fried Steak, but the price of round steak can be high. This taste like chicken fried steak, but is made with ground chuck. You can feed a lot of people with this too!

3 lbs ground chuck
1 c. cracker crumbs
1 c. water
salt and pepper to taste
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of water

Mix cracker crumbs and 1 c. water. Let stand 2 minutes. Add 3 lbs ground chuck, salt and pepper, and mix (by hand). Let stand in the refrigerator, covered, for several hours, or overnight. Make into patties. Roll in flour, and fry in butter. Place in a large pan. Mix soup, and soup can amount of water. Pour over the meat. Bake at 300* for 1 hour.

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bar-B-Q Sauce

Here is a simple recipe, that makes a great sauce, without a store bought taste.

1 tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp black pepper
1 Tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 cup ketchup
1 medium onion; chopped
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup lemon juice (or can use vinegar)
1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup butter; melted

Optional: 1 Tbsp sugar (I usually omit it, because I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and find it doesn't add much to the flavor, but if you like your sauce a little sweeter, you can add it.)

In a 2 quart sauce pan, melt the butter, then add all of the other ingredients, and heat through, on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once heated, remove from heat and use, or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

Note; You are not heating to cook it, but if you don't heat the entire sauce, the butter will separate out. So, once it is all warmed, it is ready!

Enjoy!

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Pepper Steak

I thought I'd throw in a little something different for today's recipe. I hope y'all like Chinese Food!

Pepper Steak

1/2 c butter
1/2 c chopped onions
2 green peppers, cut into 1" cubes
2 lbs round steak, cut into 1" cubes
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 c tomatoes, (fresh, cut into chunks)
1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
1 TBS corn starch
1/4 c water
3 TBS soy sauce
1 tsp salt

Melt butter in skillet. Add oion and pepper; saute about 2 minutes; set aside.

In large, heavy skillet, saute beef (that has been sprinkled with garlic powder), until browned. Add tomatoes and bouillon cube. Simmer about 10 minutes. Blend together water, corn starch, soy sauce and salt, and stir into the meat mixture. Cook just until thickened. Add onion and green peppers; heat thoroughly. Serve with rice.

Makes about 8 servings

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,806 Posts
I thought I'd throw in a little something different for today's recipe. I hope y'all like Chinese Food!

Pepper Steak

1/2 c butter
1/2 c chopped onions
2 green peppers, cut into 1" cubes
2 lbs round steak, cut into 1" cubes
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 c tomatoes, (fresh, cut into chunks)
1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
1 TBS corn starch
1/4 c water
3 TBS soy sauce
1 tsp salt

Melt butter in skillet. Add oion and pepper; saute about 2 minutes; set aside.

In large, heavy skillet, saute beef (that has been sprinkled with garlic powder), until browned. Add tomatoes and bouillon cube. Simmer about 10 minutes. Blend together water, corn starch, soy sauce and salt, and stir into the meat mixture. Cook just until thickened. Add onion and green peppers; heat thoroughly. Serve with rice.

Makes about 8 servings

You're making me hungry!!! :fed: ~~ Lowell

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
In Texas and the South, we eat Chicken Fried Steak, but the price of round steak can be high. This taste like chicken fried steak, but is made with ground chuck. You can feed a lot of people with this too!

3 lbs ground chuck
1 c. cracker crumbs
1 c. water
salt and pepper to taste
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of water

Mix cracker crumbs and 1 c. water. Let stand 2 minutes. Add 3 lbs ground chuck, salt and pepper, and mix (by hand). Let stand in the refrigerator, covered, for several hours, or overnight. Make into patties. Roll in flour, and fry in butter. Place in a large pan. Mix soup, and soup can amount of water. Pour over the meat. Bake at 300* for 1 hour.
This sounds more like Salisbury steak. Our country (chicken) fried steak comes right out of the fryer and onto the plate covered with with brown or white gravy.....dang all this food talk is making me hungry.

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This sounds more like Salisbury steak. Our country (chicken) fried steak comes right out of the fryer and onto the plate covered with with brown or white gravy.....dang all this food talk is making me hungry.
Thius makes it own gravy! And really taste more like Chicken Fried Steak than Salisbury Steak. Maybe I'll do a recipe for Salisbury Steak in the future. Thanks for the idea!

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cooking for Dogs!

Yes, I even home cook for my dogs. They get NO processed, prepackaged stuff. So, I thought I'd share a little cooking twist, this time! I am hoping this documant loads and works as I want. If not, then anyone interested in making the change to home cooking for your dogs, please let me know, and I'll try to get the information to you individually. Also note, this recipe is cooked in a Crock-Pot, for an easy, one mess idea. I had to make it that way, as I know some folks that have no idea what a kitchen is actually designed for.

In making the dog food, I try to keep 2-3 day's worth of food in the fridge, and also try to keep a 30 day supply in the freezer. Again, any questions or problems, please feel free to ask here, or PM me.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 85 Posts