Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the option here? Drain and fill or flush with a product? I was planning to just drain and fill.

·
Super Moderator
4,966 Posts
IMO, if you are going to go through the trouble of draining then you're already 80% prepped for flushing. Might just as well flush it and get all of the old stuff out of there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any other options? Aren't there some additives that will bring the current coolant back up to like new? Or leave it and top off the overfill tank? Currently 400 hrs on a 455

·
Administrator
17,519 Posts
The 455 only has 3 quarts I think, just replace it. I would only flush if it was dark and nasty looking myself.

·
Registered
21,983 Posts
The 455 only has 3 quarts I think, just replace it. I would only flush if it was dark and nasty looking myself.
I agree with this. Only other time I would flush before refilling is if I was using a different brand/type of coolant. Not a great idea to mix different types and flushing would guarantee the old stuff was completely evacuated.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I agree, unless you are flushing it with distilled water you are adding more junk that the new coolant way have to take care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Currently I have coolgard original green . I topped off with cool gard II yellow color. Think I'm going to just drain all the original cool gard and replace with the new stuff. Color of it looks fine but I feel with just getting her I should do all new filters and fluids.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts