Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Rokon Trail-Breaker; 1999 John Deere 4100HST w/410 loader; 2014 Grasshopper 930D w/72" deck
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some great ideas out there for handles to put on tractors to assist in climbing on & off more safely. I am rather ... frugal and just couldn't justify the high dollar asking price for some of the pre-fabbed models. So, after searching around the web for other ideas I just typed in a search on Amazon to see what they had.

Well, I eventually found a design I thought would work but I kept searching to find the best price ...and settled on these:
American Modified Front Grab Handle ('07-'18 Jeep JK)

Just had to find the right bolts/washers/lock washers & nuts to adapt to my 410 loader and... presto!

Might not look as pretty or fit like purpose-built handles... but for just $33 for the pair, I don't think they're too bad.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I bolted some angle iron to the sides of mine and mounted some $10 apiece truck mirrors on it. I grab the angle when I climb on. I wouldn't see a need to climb on from the right side.

Reactions: JR Diyer

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm in the same "frugal" department as you. I made mine also.

Its mounted on the mast using the top hole. This plate is for the bottom.

and bolts to another angle bracket from the back.

I bent a piece of rod and put a thread on the end for bolting thru the top mast hole and welded it to the plate.

Still needs some paint. I've been trying it before I do the painting - just in case I want to change anything. LOL

·
Registered
118 Posts
Poppi - nice work and a simple, functional design. All it needs is the JD green.

I have a pair on the bench I'm making that are very similar.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
I’m confused. (Not hard to do)
What was stolen?
Nice ideas
I been thinking about a handlebar type design and will get around to it someday.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,415 Posts
What are guys doing for handles and mirrors when the loader is off?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
View attachment 782922
View attachment 782923

I fabricated this grab handle and mirror mount a few years back. I was able to locate and weld the end of the handle in the best position that worked for my needs.
I see I'm not the only one that likes to add a stack. Nice touch with the rain cap.

I also like your idea with the grab handle & mirror bracket. Nice 👍

·
Registered
Gen 1 2025R
28 Posts
Thanks Mackford13,

I never enjoyed the diesel fumes that these tractors give to the operator. Justifies the vertical exhaust modification.

The grab handle and step really helps with my bad knees at age 52. I should have been kinder to my knees in my earlier years. Since I retired, a couple years back, I find myself on the tractor more often and I am glad I have done the modifications to fit my needs.

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
It gets even funnier...I'm a plumber too! I retire at the end of the year!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Congrats on the forth coming retirement. I left the work force in 2007 at 49 years of age. I've never looked back!!!!

Reactions: Kurt L
1 - 20 of 24 Posts