Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember the 900 MHz phones? Nice long range. I would like to get another one, all the congestion on those frequencies aren't a problem for me out in the sticks. What do you suggest if I can't get a 900MHz one? Something that at least doesn't suck too bad.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I thought most were in the 2ghz range now? Sorry I have nothing for you I have not had a land line in well over a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
Hmmm.. I recently picked up a set by Panasonic that I really like but they are dual band units that operate in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. Base unit w/answering machine +4 remote handsets for about $120. You can also set it up so your cell phone connects through it and can be used as an additional handset but I don't use that feature.

The range on them is better than the 900 MHz units and I like the fact that they use standard rechargable AA batteries instead of some $40 battery pack.

I've carried mine around all over my property (4 acres) and haven't had any issues using them. Good strong signal the whole time.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I think you will find that most of the cordless phones are now in the 1900 GHZ range. This was done to eliminate interference. I have two Panasonic sets using the 1900 GHZ range and both work very well.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
I think you will find that most of the cordless phones are now in the 1900 GHZ range. This was done to eliminate interference. I have two Panasonic sets using the 1900 GHZ range and both work very well.

Dave

1900 GHz would put your phones totally out of the radio spectrum and operating somewhere between Ultraviolet light and X-rays on the electromagnetic spectrum. :laugh:

Cordless phones operate in one of 4 narrow frequency bands allocated by the FCC. 47-49 MHz, 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
Looks like the 1.9 GHz was used in other countries and adopted in the U.S. later. (It would be awesome of they actually did operate at 1900 GHz btw! You'd be able to carry the handset anywhere in the world.)

The one you linked to looks very similar to my Panasonic set too.

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
It's been quite a few years since I was involved in this part of the business, but when I was Panasonic was the best hands down in cordless phones.

·
Registered
51 Posts
good old days 900 Mhz

I had a couple of 900 Mhz units. They were bigger but definitely had great range. Before that, someone gave me a unit which was something like 75/240 Mhz (transmit receive). The base was >1.5 watts and the handset 0.5 watts. It was broken but I fixed it. It was tested at 2 miles. I have since gotten rid of it but have regretted that. I believe that the unit was imported illegally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts