Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone purchase from these guys. http://www.powertoolsinc.com?
I was in the market for another Dewalt cordless drill. I fell off my chair when I saw the price of the unit I wanted. I placed an order this morning. Very nice people to deal with also...so far.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
So Giz, which one you get? :unknown:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
That sure is a great price for the Li kit.

Have you ever used a impact driver yet? They are slicker than snail snot:lol: I have the original 18v version, God only knows what I have put it through and it still runs perfect.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sure is a great price for the Li kit.

Have you ever used a impact driver yet? They are slicker than snail snot:lol: I have the original 18v version, God only knows what I have put it through and it still runs perfect.
Yeah at $219.00 for the Kit, how could I not get it. To be honest, no, I have never used one of these small impact drivers. But as you indicate, as like everyone else that has used one, they are in fact the go to tool. Every one that has one says hands down over a drill for installing screws and that is what I normally use my 3/8" Dewalt for. I think I am pretty lucky I needed a new 1/2" drill or I never would have gotten the impact driver.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Jim, I am with ya on this one. :thumbup1gif: They are hard to beat.
Manufactures don't always have the best chucks, their run out/wobble can be terrible right out of the box.

I put a Jacobs Super Chuck on my drill press to gain accuracy and holding power. I also replaced the ratcheting chuck on my 1/2" Milwaukee Hole Shooter with a keyed 1/2" Jacobs chuck. One day the racheting chuck's mechanism locked up and wouldn't release... I had to grind the chuck off in pieces using a zip wheel.

My drill press chuck, Super Chucks are fantastic.

http://www.jacobschuck.com/product_details.asp?pid=24

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
COME ON GUYS! I don't even have the thing yet and you have me buying parts for it.:lol:

·
Registered
771 Posts
COME ON GUYS! I don't even have the thing yet and you have me buying parts for it.:lol:
Gizz Thats the fun of it.:lol: Mine should be here next week, I got the compact kit.

I have 5 cordless drills and a 14 volt Makita impact, I just liked the way this compact looked.

I bought my 14 volt Dewalt as soon as they came out way back in the early eighties ?, still have it, the drill and charger still work. I've only had to replace batteries.

Of all my cordeless drills which includes a 24 volt Bosch, 14 volt Bosch, a 12 volt Sears lithium compact, a $14, 14 volt HF that I actually like and the old 14 volt Dewalt, the old 14 volt Dewalt is my favorite..... this cool 20 volt compact might be taking it's place though. :good2:

http://www.powertoolsinc.com/cart/index.php?p=product&id=1493&parent=6

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, Received my stuff today (WOW that was fast). Got to tell ya I am really liking the flashlight I bought (you know, the money I saved, yeah ok), can never have too many good flashlights. This unit is one of the brightest single LED lights I've seem, not that I've seen a lot of them but it sure is nice and with a run time of over 11 hours......cool.
DCL040_1.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yeah ok...I received the DCS391L1_K1.jpg today to replace my SawBoss.jpg
The cordless 20 Volt Dewalt is as good or better than the Saw Boss. Never could really count on the Saw Boss to cut a 2x4, (maybe I need a new blade) the Dewalt cordless walks right through one.
I needed a good small saw for installing the plywood walls in the new pole barn/garage don't ya know. :shhh: You know...right tool for the job and all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts