Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which do you prefer and why. I like it to fall apart after cooking, so point cut for me. I also think Point Cut tastes better.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I don't believe I've ever heard of the "point cut" ? Maybe just a regional name. I know flat cut and fatty-cut.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't believe I've ever heard of the "point cut" ? Maybe just a regional name. I know flat cut and fatty-cut.
Point Cut = Fatty Cut.:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We bought 3, 3 pounders. We will put them in a big pot, add COLD (wife says ya need to) water, bring to boil then simmer for about 4 hours or until they are just about falling apart. Remove them from the water add potatoes and carrots, cook until about have done then add cabbage cut in quarters and onions cut in quarters and cook it all until done. Have to have Gulden's mustard or the whole thing is a waste of time:lol:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Exactly how my wife cooks it Gizmo, but we prefer a horseradish mustard, or a Guinness mustard.

When we went shopping the other night I paid particular attention wo how they were labeled in our store and they had "Flat Cut" and "Round Cut" but no "Point Cut"!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts