Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever made corned beef from scratch? I mean, "corning" the raw brisket? I have eaten corned beef in restaurants; bought it ready to cook at the grocery store, but never made it from scratch...nor had I ever even considered it until I struck up a conversation with a lady in the grocery store. To make a long story short, she said that she found a recipe on the internet and made her own corned beef which was way superior to anything that you can buy in the store...as a matter of fact, I have only seen one brand of corned beef in the store, "Cooks Corned Beef". it is very good, but I know that we have eaten some really good corned beef "Ruben" sandwiches at the Elks Lodge and elsewhere. Am I way off base? Would I be wasting my time?

Any comments or testimonials would be appreciated! Shades of Maggie and Jiggs!

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Has anyone here ever made corned beef from scratch? I mean, "corning" the raw brisket? I have eaten corned beef in restaurants; bought it ready to cook at the grocery store, but never made it from scratch...nor had I ever even considered it until I struck up a conversation with a lady in the grocery store. To make a long story short, she said that she found a recipe on the internet and made her own corned beef which was way superior to anything that you can buy in the store...as a matter of fact, I have only seen one brand of corned beef in the store, "Cooks Corned Beef". it is very good, but I know that we have eaten some really good corned beef "Ruben" sandwiches at the Elks Lodge and elsewhere. Am I way off base? Would I be wasting my time?

Any comments or testimonials would be appreciated! Shades of Maggie and Jiggs!
My grandmother used to make it from scratch, still the best corned beef I've ever had. Let me check with my mom and see if she has a recipe. Being Irish, I fully appreciate your enthusiasm for homemade corned beef.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Still looking for grandmas recipe.

Sent using the space-time continuum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts