Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a horrible topic to start and talk about, but i have to wonder at this point. Think about this:

Order date of May 16, 2010
Was told by the dealer he expected the tractor July 20th.
My loader was there July 16th.
On July 25th I was told August 15th.
On August 15th I was told September 10th.
Its September 20th and they seem to think it might come soon, but the system they are looking at is not updating.:think:

I have to think that Deere could have shipped the tractor in 3 months. Now I wonder if he had my unit sold to a guy who would not wait..... I might be the fall guy in this? So many others are getting thier tractors in a month or two, not 4....:crazy:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Brian, your dealer should be able to tell you exactly why it has been delayed. Seems strange that it would take 3 months. A lot of times to speed things up, a dealer would search the dealer database for a dealer within reasonable shipping range who may have the unit you want on their lot and get it shipped.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the issue Nu.... He had no excuse. He had no info. I think my order would be hard to reproduce on a dealer lot due to the tires and pto options I ordered.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hmm...
I dunno how your dealer handles it, but I know how mine handles the tires...They generally try to stock every tire in a series on the lot machines...So in the lineup on the lot of 3x's, you'll see at least one with every tire..if you decide you want the 3520 cab which is on the lot with R1's but you want the large R4's on it, they'll drive the machines with the tires you want in the shop and swap em over no question...most of the options are dealer installable, so you dont need to wait long here.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think all my problems were dealer related. He had 5 lawn tractors on his lot. He had nothing else. This is an Ag store, not a lawn and garden place. My guess is that he is only ordering what is sold at this point and may be quite low on the list at Deere....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts