Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I procrastinated as long as I could . I received an email from Green Fleet Rewards that buyers of a 1 , 2 , or 3 series tractor got a free Imatch and free led worklight kit . Then I get a green fever email for $250 off . With 0% for 60 mos. and $900 off for implements , I just couldn't take it anymore . Since the free stuff ended today , I had to pull the trigger on a new 1025R . So , I am going to take the new backhoe I got a few months ago and put a new tractor on it . The biggest reason I made the decision to buy basically the same machine that I currently have is that I turned 60 a few weeks ago and thinking ahead to retiring . The fact that JD changed the powertrain warranty to 6 years is a good thing . I don't want to go into retirement and not have any warranty to cover the tractor once monthly income takes a downturn .
Anyway should be able to undo all the mods to my tractor tomorrow and let the dealer know it's ready . Not sure when the new one will be ready . Todays main focus was to get paperwork going so all the free stuff would apply
I'll post some pics as soon as I can .:kidw_truck_smiley: :gizmo:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well I procrastinated as long as I could . I received an email from Green Fleet Rewards that buyers of a 1 , 2 , or 3 series tractor got a free Imatch and free led worklight kit . Then I get a green fever email for $250 off . With 0% for 60 mos. and $900 off for implements , I just couldn't take it anymore . Since the free stuff ended today , I had to pull the trigger on a new 1025R . So , I am going to take the new backhoe I got a few months ago and put a new tractor on it . The biggest reason I made the decision to buy basically the same machine that I currently have is that I turned 60 a few weeks ago and thinking ahead to retiring . The fact that JD changed the powertrain warranty to 6 years is a good thing . I don't want to go into retirement and not have any warranty to cover the tractor once monthly income takes a downturn .
Anyway should be able to undo all the mods to my tractor tomorrow and let the dealer know it's ready . Not sure when the new one will be ready . Todays main focus was to get paperwork going so all the free stuff would apply
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Wait....are you saying that you're trading in your old 1025... or keeping both?

No such thing as too much of a good thing!

:kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
12,341 Posts
WHOOPEE:bigthumb: :laugh: glad for u!!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Congrats I understand. I'm 63 and bought my 1025R figuring I'd have it paid off when I plan on retiring. Good luckw

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait....are you saying that you're trading in your old 1025... or keeping both?

No such thing as too much of a good thing!

:kidw_truck_smiley:
Trading in . No room for two and I don't want the X580 to get an attitude ! :mad:
Sad to see it go , it's been a workhorse . :cray: But excited to get a new one . :yahoo:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I could be wrong, but if you bought a extended warranty for $1500 for 3 year warranty, a imatch quick hitch for $300 and LED work light for $300 = $2100. A new 1025R plain no extra's for $13,000 minus $2100 = $10,900 for the same tractor - your trade ??? lets say $8000 so it cost you $5000 to get at 2 year warranty
imatch and LED lights sounds like a deal ????
I guess I'm missing something..

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
Congrats I understand. I'm 63 and bought my 1025R figuring I'd have it paid off when I plan on retiring. Good luckw
I did the same thing with both my tractor and truck (with a plan of retiring at 62). I knew I wouldn't be able to afford either once I retired.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Congrats! That 6 year warranty would be nice. With all you mentioned, not bad if you get good money on the trade. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Congratulations! That sounds like a great plan!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I could be wrong, but if you bought a extended warranty for $1500 for 3 year warranty, a imatch quick hitch for $300 and LED work light for $300 = $2100. A new 1025R plain no extra's for $13,000 minus $2100 = $10,900 for the same tractor - your trade ??? lets say $8000 so it cost you $5000 to get at 2 year warranty
imatch and LED lights sounds like a deal ????
I guess I'm missing something..
I think what your missing is ' I get a new tractor " :yahoo:
p.s. I didn't buy extended warranty and the factory has expired , now I have 6 yrs powertrain .:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats! That 6 year warranty would be nice. With all you mentioned, not bad if you get good money on the trade. :bigthumb:
I went in with the intention of trading the whole tractor including the backhoe . I just bought the backhoe a few months ago from this dealer . When he told me the trade in amount , I had to decline . He then worked up a trade in minus the backhoe and that was a much better outcome . More work for me , but worth the several thousand dollars I wouldn't have got in the trade . I think I got a fair deal . One other positive note , the dealer is going to install the power beyond kit for free . By the time I get the backhoe reinstalled I should be experienced enough that it should only take an hour or so to put it together .:kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Yep, when we worked out our trade with our 2210 for the 1026 our answer was no. And coming from my wife it was, "HELL NO". That's her words to the salesman along with some other words. We went home and the next day "he" calls me with a lot better deal. I was glad I had my wife with me because if she wasn't I would still have the 2210, which wouldn't be bad either as it was a great tractor. We traded for 9100 difference and the 2210 was 10 years old. 2210, MMM and the FEL for the same thing on the 1026.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm Ready

:munch::munch: Waiting on dealer . :munch::munch:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1025r 2.0

The new Deere arrived this afternoon . So now begins the task of reinstalling all the little mods that I have done and reinstalling the backhoe (dealer threw in power beyond kit) . Nothing like spending the weekend working on (or with) a tractor . :kidw_truck_smiley:
Hope all you guys are staying warm .:snow:

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
I did the same thing with both my tractor and truck (with a plan of retiring at 62). I knew I wouldn't be able to afford either once I retired.
HMMMMM. I'm 62 and retired. Mortgage paid off - Check! Five YEARS living expenses in the bank -Check. Million Dollars in IRA & retirement accounts with Wife's -Check. Have 90 acres of good Illinois farm ground to rent for $10,000/year -Check. Worth about $800,000 cash if it was for sale, which it's not. Have a 20 year old pickup with 300,000 miles that's paid for and still looks/runs like new - Check. Have 63 and 66 year old antique tractors to do heavy duty yard work as needed, truck & tractors don't need no warranty, they don't break down! - Check. Have a brand new Zero turn to mow with bought new last April with cash.

I think it's absolutely crazy that someone would trade off a one to four year old tractor and take the beating on depreciation just to get a warrantee. That's one whopping expensive warrantee and absolutely no faith in the durability/reliability of the tractor. My Nephew sells extended warrantees for Deere equipment. Anybody investigated company warrantee?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts