Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 365 -16 days till Medicare kicks in...:thumbsdown:,,, :munch:,,,, :unknown:

,,, :thumbup1gif: ,,, :munch:

,, :dunno:,,, :confused:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Mine actually just started on the 1st of Jan.
$104.90 for Part "B", and $34.10 for Part "D" is what the monthly charges are, taken right out of my S.S. direct deposit.
One of my monthly meds was costing me right at $360.00 before Medicare kicked in, same med is now only $4.00.
Glad I've lived long enough to use it, after 40+ years paying into it. :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
4 more years for me. Decent coverage through my work for wife and I, but that's only after the deductible is met.:( All in all though it's not bad.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Only 8,325 days till Medicare kicks in.......UGH :tongue: That's depressing as hell........

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only 8,325 days till Medicare kicks in.......UGH :tongue: That's depressing as hell........
8,325 days that's a life time......:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
8,325 days that's a life time......:lol:
Just another 22 years or so.....dammit.:laugh:

At least that's what the Gov't says is my "start" date. (November 2037) Nevermind the fact I've worked jobs steady since I was a pre-teen and haven't been unemployed since 1985 or so......

Definitely don't plan on having to work that long though. Should be pretty much debt free in the next 11 years or so with the payoff of my mortgage. Hoping to beat the gov't date by at least a few years.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Gee, I wonder if Medicare will still be around after 8000+ days? Or maybe a new name?
I freaking doubt it.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Mine actually just started on the 1st of Jan.
$104.90 for Part "B", and $34.10 for Part "D" is what the monthly charges are, taken right out of my S.S. direct deposit.
One of my monthly meds was costing me right at $360.00 before Medicare kicked in, same med is now only $4.00.
Glad I've lived long enough to use it, after 40+ years paying into it. :thumbup1gif:
Congrats........i think. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I hadn't even thought about it until I saw this thread. 1237 days for me. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
My wife from disability had part B at one point, working at Lear, we thought hey come off, my insurance was better. So they apparently penalize you for coming off. WHAT? so for her to get back on it would cost a ton...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm right about 10,900 days! Time to start counting... :laugh:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Bunch of young whipper-snappers here, I've been on Medicare for 5 years (dang, can that really be true?:question:)

I had a really good employer for the last 34 years I worked, and had good retiree insurance thru them until Medicare. Then it converted to a medicare supplement and also qualifies as part D. Turned out to be one of my better job benefits. Dental coverage is not very good but then it never was. I don't understand how dental costs can be so high when there seems to be a dentist on every corner any more.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,684 Posts
3-1/2 months for my wife, and 7-years for me. I have my insurance through my wife's former employer's retiree plan; but I may lose it when they kick her off and onto Medicare. We'll know more in February.

"If you like your plan, you can keep it." Captain Zero

"You lie!" Representative Joe Wilson, SC

"You frakking lie!" MJNCAD

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Great to be here in the UK and its all FREE :good2:

And what is interesting about that, it is really good coverage. I have a friend from the UK, and her mom still lives there. I am always amazed at how good the medical care and coverage for conditions/situations insurance will deny here.

I have never asked my friend what the tax rate is there.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,435 Posts
Once I see Social Security (3 years), then I'll start counting.

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Once I see Social Security (3 years), then I'll start counting.
Since yesterday was my birthday , I starting changing my avatar, decided NO Gizmo2 did this so I needed to come up with another way .

Thought someone would pick up on my wording ,,OH well found out several young members on site and made every one think about Medicare.

Oh and thankfully formal employer had good insurance and will have after reaching 65 using plan d or what ever letter I will need, they will pay. Worst one for us is eye care. Little to nothing toward glasses.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts