Green Tractor Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Several years back I purchased a 3PH Post Hole Digger from Tractor Supply. I put it in my tractor shed in the attic and have never used it. As I have thought about it and the fact that my ground is clay and nothing but rocks that it would probably not work too good for me. I was cleaning out the attic and thought that I should sell it. It is still in the original crate. I live in northern NJ and I know that this forum has people from all over the country but I do not know how many there are that are near me. I have posted it for sale on Craig's list and on FaceBook Market place. But I thought this is a forum where people would know what it is and some may have interest. Its big and not easy to ship. If you are truly interested in it and are willing to pay the shipping and insurance I am willing to setup the shipping for you. At my business we have a loading dock and we ship large things all the time via motor freight. I would rather just have the buyer just come and pick it up. Face to face makes it easy and keeps the scams from happening.

I am going to guess that everyone already knows this but just in case you do not, Speeco is the company that makes the Country Line Post Hole Digger and of course private label it for Tractor Supply. This is the Speeco link to this PHD SpeeCo Products You can get the manual there as well.

I will attach the pics below. The price I am asking is $500 which includes the 9" Auger. Everything as I said is brand new still in the wooden crate as I picked it up from Tractor Supply.

The picture of the Red PHD on the tractor is off of the Speeco site.

If you are interested please let me know. Just post your interest as a reply to this list. I have been a member of GTT for close to 10 years now and I have a good number of posts.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm interested but I wonder how much shipping would be to the FT Worth TX area. It may not make sense for me. If shipping is too much, I could just buy one locally for the difference in shipping vs a new one. Let me know. Thanks.
The PHD with the crate will be over 200 lbs and then if you add the 9" auger it will probably be around 240 lbs. The cost of shipping today I am going to guess it will be over $300. That puts you at $800 and you are just about at where you are purchasing one locally from TSC. I don't think it would be worth it to you. Sorry. If I was driving to Forth Worth I would bring it.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@robpm If Texas is that much I am guessing Minnesota would be about the same?
Yes it would pretty much the same. It will wipe out any savings that you would see.

Reactions: Guja0501

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. Wished I lived closer. Sorry. Good luck with the sale!
Thanks. Just posted it on TractorByNet as well. Maybe someone in the local area will have interest.

Reactions: Schwazel

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sold yesterday evening to a new "old" JD 750 owner. He just bought a nice 750 CUT with only 286 hours on it. They had refurbished it and put all new tires on it. It really looked nice!. He had also purchased a used JD rear mower and a 3ph blade. He has a property in Washington NJ which is rural. He saw my post on Craig's list. He got a brand new PHD!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.