Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is an OK place to put this..........

Last evening, just before the nearest Tractor Supply Store to me closed, I zipped in, swooped on a return I had, swooped on my % off coupon.

I got the last Country Line carry all they had.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/agricul...ry-all-2128210

It worked very well today for what I needed it for.
I plan to do a couple changes. First, I'm going to a pair of 3pt pins at the lowest point my hitch will reach. I will also adjust the top link attachment point to match.

Next, I'm going to bolt a pain of square tube arms (2x2x1/4, about 48" long) nested inside the angle iron arms already on the unit. I am going to make up some bins for firewood etc. that I can move as needed.

Sticker says "Made in America" I glad to see that.
------------
My only complaint is it has a sticker on it that says something about manufactured under US Agricultural Equipment Standards. Problem is several of the welds have BIG blotches of wire feed welding "nozzle spatter" stuck to them. Also short wire "quills" in many places. Big enough to open your hand up like a gutted fish. Or take the whole sleeve off your shirt. I can see I have a lot of work to do with an angle grinder.

It also needs green paint............
---------------
What's your experience with these........ ?
Wyo

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
Wyo, the link says it not able to find the item.. for me anyway...
No worky for me either...

It's a real shame though when you have to report about bad looking welds and spatter everywhere from a made in the US item. They probably hire weldor's from High School Vocational programs to keep cost's down.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
All you welding types need to figure out if that can be adapted for a iMatch. If it doesn't fit the iMatch, I don't buy it. I think I looked at this, and it did not look good.

Sad about the welding quality, seems like this is a "starter kit" for a carry all. Add your own beefed up support and then put the green paint on that yellow primer.

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Here is the link I think you wanted.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/agricu...ty-equipment/countyline-reg-carry-all-2128210

Yeah, keep us up to date on your review of this. I am mulling over some sort of carry all my self. I will be interested in your up coming mods as well. Thanks for the info.
It looks like my King Kutter unit. I see TSC didn't list the weight capacity; but if it's 1,000-pounds, I'd bet KK makes it for them based on the design, and construction quality descriptions.

Heck Randy; you could make one faster and nicer than the TSC/KK one. If I had my welder at the time I bought mine, I would have made my own.

All you welding types need to figure out if that can be adapted for a iMatch. If it doesn't fit the iMatch, I don't buy it. I think I looked at this, and it did not look good.

Sad about the welding quality, seems like this is a "starter kit" for a carry all. Add your own beefed up support and then put the green paint on that yellow primer.

Pete
Something like this Pete? https://picasaweb.google.com/jtpyo.mjn/KingKutterKarryallBrackets#

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Cad Man: EXACTLY. Forgot about that thread of yours, sorry...:slap-yourself-emoti.

So when are you going to post the last picture, the one where it's all painted green :laugh:?

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Heck Randy; you could make one faster and nicer than the TSC/KK one. If I had my welder at the time I bought mine, I would have made my own.
My problem Matt, is that I am uncertain as to what I really want. I know I want more than just a pair of forks out the back. You know removable side panels, tool holders, and etc. Just not real high on the priority list, but definately on the list things to do though.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
So when are you going to post the last picture, the one where it's all painted green :laugh:?

Pete
Maybe if I can find some JD Green powder for the powder coating guy to use. :laugh:

My problem Matt, is that I am uncertain as to what I really want. I know I want more than just a pair of forks out the back. You know removable side panels, tool holders, and etc. Just not real high on the priority list, but definately on the list things to do though.
I hear you on that one Randy!

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Cool! Thanks Randy!

Can I have a couple million bucks too? :laugh:

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bought a TSC carryall. I bolted two lengths of 2"x6" PT wood along the fork angle irons, then screwed 2"x6"x5' PT across the arms next to each other so I have a 3'x5' flat surface on top of the arms. Then took 2"x6"x5' pieces stacked vertically against the vertical frame so as to make a back board.

Now I have a platform with a backboard 3' high, 5 feet wide and 3' deep. We have a walk-out basement with a pretty good hill from the front yard down to the back. The 2720 has no problems, but too steep for my pickup. Now I can load the carryall with "stuff" from/to the basement from/to the garage with little effort!

Haven't used it yet, but it sure is pretty! Will post pics if I can get 'em.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
How much was the carry all Tim? I went to the TS website and there are no prices.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The more I think of all the things I could use one for, the more I like it. But I do like Randy's idea of embellishment. It's the accessories that make the implement!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Just as an FYI. Here in east texas I paid 99.00 for one 2 yrs ago. I just happened to notice the new price of 129.00 last week. Seems most of their stuff has gone up a minimum of 20% in the last 2 yrs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts