Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2015 5045e
247 Posts
I've got pavement now, my last place had a mile of backroad before we got to anything. One time it snowed really bad and I had to cut up 3 trees, lockers, winches, flattened tires.. then whole bit. Took 2 hours just to get to the road so I could go get a 6 pack. 😂

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
My daughter would have chained and dragged that thing off the road in a heartbeat and never thought about a picture.
My daughter would’ve cut that up, had it split and on the wood pile in 10 minutes. Well, at the very least she would have come and got me and whined she couldn’t get down the driveway.

·
Premium Member
14,206 Posts
On the way to the store, driving down my driveway after a storm:
I'll take a tree across the road any day over a traffic jam.

Looks like a nice place.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, I stopped to take the picture for my old city friends who just don’t get it. I had a chain around it and had it gone in 10 minutes.
These are the things that made me insane when I first moved to the county 10 years ago. Now, it’s no big deal. When the monster oak came down last year I used the 3025e to manhandle it out without breaking a sweat. Power outages, septic problems, well pump died, deer tearing up the garden - just part of the charm of country life.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here in the bottoms during a river flood the highways would go under water and cut us off from town so we lived on an island at times. We always had plenty of food as we raised most of it ourselves. During ice storms when the power was out we would cook on a Coleman camp stove or a wood burning stove. Hard times? No, those where great times! I find myself looking forward to being back there on the farm full time isolated from civilization.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I’m into cars and have a 2010 Challenger with 20,000 miles on it. Several years ago I had a tree fall down in front of me as I was going down my driveway. It fell about 50 feet in front of me. If it had hit my car it wouldn’t have crushed it, it would’ve been mostly the top, but it would’ve scratched it badly and left a few dents.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Actually, I stopped to take the picture for my old city friends who just don’t get it. I had a chain around it and had it gone in 10 minutes.
These are the things that made me insane when I first moved to the county 10 years ago. Now, it’s no big deal. When the monster oak came down last year I used the 3025e to manhandle it out without breaking a sweat. Power outages, septic problems, well pump died, deer tearing up the garden - just part of the charm of country life.
I keep the Milwaukee battery chainsaw in the utv for that exact scenario.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Actually, I stopped to take the picture for my old city friends who just don’t get it... just part of the charm of country life.
Exactly! Some of my coworkers think I'm crazy moving "out rural", but we are happy. This is the life we want to live, and where we want to raise our son. One of my 6 year old son's favorite songs is "Small Town" by John Mellencamp and sums it up well. I'll commute to the city to work, but I'll live out here in the sticks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.