Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a Carry All for the 1025R. Any issues with this unit? Alternatives? 3-point hitch issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I got a King Kutter carry all for the 2305, this is what I did w/ it and it works great, use it all the time around the house, especially when gardening or planting.

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a King Kutter carry all for the 2305, this is what I did w/ it and it works great, use it all the time around the house, especially when gardening or planting.
Nice woodwork. I'd hate to get that thing dirty!

Looks like the wood is bolted to the frame. I was thinking about building something similar, but with the ability to remove if I wanted to lift a pallet or an ungainly load.

Also wondering if the 1025R has enough lift to use this particular one. I think the King Cutter and the County Line are the same.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have a county line carry all I picked up about a month ago but haven't done anything with it yet. My plan is to start construction on it this spring if it ever warms up here in NOVA!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, now this is going to be a great tool.

Picked up a Carry All at TSC for $129. Another $50 in plywood and bolts at Lowes. 4x4 sheets are a little big for the frame so I am going to cut them down a bit. Tool holders, eye bolts, painting, and a grab bar are on the menu for today. My wife stood in back as we cruised around, loves it. Hard to sit on the fender with a 1025R.

I'll get some picture today sometime.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Fred, be careful what kind of plywood you use...mine looks pretty but I had to brush it with several
Heavy coats of polyurethane to make the plywood waterproof. Other wise gets wet and starts to delaminate, think I picked the wrong stuff for the project, but at this point is holding up.
Have fun building your project. PS my carryall was orange, just HAD to paint frame green:good2:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mounted the plywood, a few grab handles, some eyebolts to secure loads, and some traction tape to the floor. Trimmed the back about a foot to reduce the overhang. Coated it in Thompson's waterseal.

We went for a trip on the trails and the back is a little high. Going to cut the back down to the frame, mount the grap handles on top, and trim the floor corners for more turning clearance. May put some flags at the back if I can't see over it when backing.

Work in progress. Thinking now about a ballast load that I could install and remove easily unto the platform for loader work.

004.JPG

002.JPG

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thompson's Waterseal holding up well, Abrasive strips are not. Once it soaks into the wood, adhesive lets go. I'll have to nail them down.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know what flat is anymore. Trying to find a flat spot the length of the tractor, but haven't had any luck. Hooking up implements is a multi-step challenge.

As far as the trailrides, the handles and floor strips do an excellent job when on grades. We're too old to get very adventuresome with steep side grades and we travel idle slow.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been updating the carry all over time and getting it setup for what my needs are. Couple of garden tools, the chainsaw, trimmer, and chains are what I need most. Had to cut some holes in the backplate to allow clearance for the HF Quick Hitch.

Next project will be a 3x3 angle frame to attached underneath and out the back to form a cradle for carrying longer stuff sideways and with a cross member up about 12" with a ball for the trailers.

Work in progress....as always.

004.jpg 006.jpg 005.jpg 007.jpg

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got a few minutes of slack at work. Had the guys weld up a frame for the Carry All.

3x3x1/4 angle matching the Carry All construction
4 -1/2" bolts holding the frame underneath
Cross bar is 12" high to match my truck hitch height minus 2"

The Frame will allow additonal loading without falling out the back and quick moving of trailers for mowing.

A problem that I had feared is that the 3 point won't lift my big trailer. Quick hitch, Carry All, plywood, and my new frame, all hanging out there 3' is a lot of weight. I can't pick up the trailer tongue so I am not sure what to weighs, at least 150# I would assume. It will pick it up a bit, but when connected I can give it an assist and get the rockshaft at max height. You can hear the hydraulic flow quit when you lift it up to the max height.

A little manual intervention and it works like a charm.

The real intent is to be able to carry a small utility trailer around I think it will do just fine for that purpose...when I get one..

A little cold last night for paint, but it will be green someday.

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,212 Posts
Just curious Fred, have you had any issues using the County Line Carry-All with your Quick-Hitch?

I picked up one of their Carry-Alls this summer but the bushings that TSC sells for the top link pin are to long to fit. Just curious what you're using for that, if anything.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't use a bushing on the top link. I installed 3/4" pipe couplings on the lower links for $1 a piece. Works just fine for me.

The top hook on my Harbor Freight quick hitch doesn't seem to extend far enough out. The bracket binds up on the Carry All frame most times and takes a swift kick to get it to drop. I think it would be worse with a top bushing. Also had to cut slots in the plywood to allow room for the hooks.

Bushing.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts