Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So bought a Tarter 6 foot box blade from local tarter dealer.

Never be confused on who makes what again lol.

Yes, under the sticker it says county line. 675 for a tarter, 799 for the same one at TSC

?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

Yes, under the sticker it says county line. 675 for a tarter, 799 for the same one at TSC

?
Tarter is no secret. It manufacturers the County Line brand for TSC. I have a Tarter Branded box blade. I got mine from a farm equipment retailer. The box blade had that big Tarter sticker on it but not the County Line logo. They are both the same. I was going to get mine at TSC, but I cut a deal for $50. off with the farm supplier.

As far as the box blade goes, I have had no issues at all with it. I took down & 8 foot high mound of dirt with mine ( 5 1/2' blade) & leveled it flat. The powder coat paint job never scratched! The are well made for the price. But like everything else-do not abuse it or get over aggressive with it. They do a nice job.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
TARTER make most of items for tractor supply and others. I bought a 4ft Bunk feeder for the wild deer from Tractor supply and the adv showed Country Line but it was a Tarter when I picked it up. In fact in the stack of 6 there were both mixed in. I also have their boom Pole and very happy with it.:good2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My last box blade was Tarter also got it from the same place. I just thought it funny when the sticker peeled off..

·
Registered
700 Posts

?

No one ever buys one of those full price, do they? :munch::laugh::flag_of_truce::greentractorride:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If ya go to TSC you do ?

?

No one ever buys one of those full price, do they?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
No one ever buys one of those full price, do they? :munch::laugh::flag_of_truce::greentractorride:
You can haggle over price a lot more effectively with an independent dealer than you can with a clerk dressed in a red vest at TSC. Problem is most people do end up paying full price as you put it because they are not aware of who makes what or how to shop. But this is true of most everything?

Every time I go to Lowes I get a kick out of people pulling lumber onto a cart at some of the most insane prices for junk lumber. I mind my own business, but I am so tempted at times to tell them how you can get the same thing at the LUMBER YARD just a mile down the road, and it's a lot cheaper. Same thing with Plumbing supplies. Contractors know where to shop, but the average person is clueless.

·
Registered
700 Posts
You can haggle over price a lot more effectively with an independent dealer than you can with a clerk dressed in a red vest at TSC. Problem is most people do end up paying full price as you put it because they are not aware of who makes what or how to shop. But this is true of most everything?

Every time I go to Lowes I get a kick out of people pulling lumber onto a cart at some of the most insane prices for junk lumber. I mind my own business, but I am so tempted at times to tell them how you can get the same thing at the LUMBER YARD just a mile down the road, and it's a lot cheaper. Same thing with Plumbing supplies. Contractors know where to shop, but the average person is clueless.

Home Depot, Lowes, and the local lumber yards are all within 5% of each other around here, price-wise.

But yes, stuff like plumbing, calcium chloride, etc, much cheaper at wholesalers.

I was actually referring to the TSC sales. Seems virtually every tractor implement goes on sale for 15-40% off at least once a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts