Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the TSC carry all. I was shocked, it's quick hitch compatible and the quick hitch hook didn't have to be moved up or down. It matches all my Imatch implements regarding the upper hook height. I painted it John Deere green and all lumber is cut, sanded and primed. Will post pic when I'm done. Going to set it up for landscaping and chain saw work.

If anyone has suggestions for mounting a weed whacker vertically on it, would appreciate. I did see a post where a guy used Rhino clamps right on the quick hitch. Don't know what size O.D stock they clamp on. Couldn't find much on the net either. Most were horizontally mounted or "rube goldberged".

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
:munch:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you post a picture? Might help.
I am going to. Finished painting the lumber today. Juggling finishing that with fabricating brackets to raise the Frontier PS 1001 subsoiler so It is a few inches off the ground on my my 1025.

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
:munch::munch:

·
Registered
967 Posts
:zip::read

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting there

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Going to mock it up today and mount on quick hitch. Waiting for John Deere decals. Going to put a decal centered on the vertical boards approx, 6 x 6 or what ever I can find. On the back, it's going to be "CA 1025 "with A 2" x 2". Can't resist standard implement identification.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is what's holding me up. Two projects going at once. But it's nice to switch gears while waiting for a weld to cool, primer or paint to set for recoat etc.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Picked up the TSC carry all. I was shocked, it's quick hitch compatible and the quick hitch hook didn't have to be moved up or down. It matches all my Imatch implements regarding the upper hook height. I painted it John Deere green and all lumber is cut, sanded and primed. Will post pic when I'm done. Going to set it up for landscaping and chain saw work.

If anyone has suggestions for mounting a weed whacker vertically on it, would appreciate. I did see a post where a guy used Rhino clamps right on the quick hitch. Don't know what size O.D stock they clamp on. Couldn't find much on the net either. Most were horizontally mounted or "rube goldberged".
So your saying the TSC 3 pt hitch carry all fit your HF quick hitch with no mods? I just received my 3 pt hitch last week. Mine certainly does not fit. I will have to make some mods to it to make it fit. At first my QH would not go between the carry all. Now it does not lean back enough to set in the top hook. I have not had time yet, but I plan on cutting the top link holders and tilting them back so they fall into the hook properly. They never even welded the two plates used for the top link on straight. For $149.00 it was still worth me having to make a few mods to make it work. Now I just need the time to do it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So your saying the TSC 3 pt hitch carry all fit your HF quick hitch with no mods? I just received my 3 pt hitch last week. Mine certainly does not fit. I will have to make some mods to it to make it fit. At first my QH would not go between the carry all. Now it does not lean back enough to set in the top hook. I have not had time yet, but I plan on cutting the top link holders and tilting them back so they fall into the hook properly. They never even welded the two plates used for the top link on straight. For $149.00 it was still worth me having to make a few mods to make it work. Now I just need the time to do it.
My quick hitch is a Land pride. Yes, it fits the TSC carryall with no mods at all. In addition, I didn't have to move the hook hieght on the Landpride hitch. My hook height is set to match my Imatch ready implements. If you look at one of my previous threads, I milled holes in the upper arm tightening nut, did a press fit with two pieces of metal rod and welded it. Next I bent both rods at approx 45 deg's so I could spin it towards the hitch with out the tee handles hitting the hitch. Now I back up, adjust the upper link arm, tighten the nut with no wrench and hook up with the quick hitch and drive away without leaving the seat.

I will post pics with the carryall on my 1025 in a few minutes.

Reactions: BigJim55 and pcabe5

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TSC Carryall on 1025 pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Forgive pictures rotation. I still haven't figured out how to address that. Went Apple.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Billie hope this helps.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bills, hope this helps. Upper hook on quick hitch is free and in the clear. The upper clevis on the carryall comes downward from the upper hitch cross memberer with no obstructions that would interfere with hooking it. It wouldn't hit anything to the detriment of hook up wether I added the lumber or not. I did put a 2 x 4 spacer on the verticals uprights to allow more room for the lower Landpride hooks. the TSC carry all you purchased might be from a different manufacturer than the one I have. A harbor freight quick hitch upper hook would work on mine. If I can be of any assistance re: further pics etc please let me know.

I don't mind taking the time to help others. I have received a lot of help and it's all about stepping up and giving back. That's what separates this forum from others.

Regards,
Don

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
View attachment 318378

View attachment 318386

View attachment 318394

Bills, hope this helps. Upper hook on quick hitch is free and in the clear. The upper clevis on the carryall comes downward from the upper hitch cross memberer with no obstructions that would interfere with hooking it. It wouldn't hit anything to the detriment of hook up wether I added the lumber or not. I did put a 2 x 4 spacer on the verticals uprights to allow more room for the lower Landpride hooks. the TSC carry all you purchased might be from a different manufacturer than the one I have. A harbor freight quick hitch upper hook would work on mine. If I can be of any assistance re: further pics etc please let me know.

I don't mind taking the time to help others. I have received a lot of help and it's all about stepping up and giving back. That's what separates this forum from others.

Regards,
Don
Yes, that helped a lot. Once I get around to this project again I will see how this will match with mine. Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures and explanation. I am thinking I still may have to cut and angle mine. It is just too close to the top hook to fit. I like what you did with your carry all. That is exactly my plan. Except to use it for multiple purposes.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, that helped a lot. Once I get around to this project again I will see how this will match with mine. Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures and explanation. I am thinking I still may have to cut and angle mine. It is just too close to the top hook to fit. I like what you did with your carry all. That is exactly my plan. Except to use it for multiple purposes.
Post some pics

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Carryall Finished

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just have to fabricate chain saw holder.

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
Firemark--u have done a outstanding job-nice.:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts