Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a county line drawbar lock from TSC today for my 1025 and can't seem to get it to attach and lock the drawbar in place. When I have it installed and set to hold the drawbar in place, I can't get the second bolt in to lock it in place which causes it to move back towards the 3 pt arm and release the drawbar. Has anyone else used this on theirs with any luck? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451253042.908548.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451253064.513915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
I noticed in the reviews on the TSC WWW site that someone mentioned that it wouldn't fit on their Kubota BX properly either.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I picked up a county line drawbar lock from TSC today for my 1025 and can't seem to get it to attach and lock the drawbar in place. When I have it installed and set to hold the drawbar in place, I can't get the second bolt in to lock it in place which causes it to move back towards the 3 pt arm and release the drawbar. Has anyone else used this on theirs with any luck? View attachment 105697 View attachment 105705

I am far from an expert but it looks like there should be another bolt in the holes provided to keep it in place.

Phil

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
I am far from an expert but it looks like there should be another bolt in the holes provided to keep it in place.

Phil

Yep. The problem is that it won't angle over far enough to allow the other set of holes to clear the lift arm so that he can drop that 2nd bolt in. If you look at his pic #1, the arm is blocking 1/3rd of the hole.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
Yep. The problem is that it won't angle over far enough to allow the other set of holes to clear the lift arm so that he can drop that 2nd bolt in. If you look at his pic #1, the arm is blocking 1/3rd of the hole.
Either grind away a bit of the flat part that is contacting the lift arm until the open hole has clearance for a bolt or slightly elongate the open hole enough to allow you to insert a bolt. Either method will result in a perfectly fitting drawbar lock. :good2:

·
Super Moderator
8,189 Posts

Phil
Either grind away a bit of the flat part that is contacting the lift arm until the open hole has clearance for a bolt or slightly elongate the open hole enough to allow you to insert a bolt. Either method will result in a perfectly fitting drawbar lock. :good2:
Seems like bending the plate a little more would work as well. If you can clamp it in a vise and heat it, should bend pretty easily.
I second these opinions. All good advice. Git-R-Done! :good2:

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the advice. Sounds like I'm installing it correctly and just need to make some modifications.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Don't have one, just looking at the pictures. Maybe it's upside down (switch to other side).

·
Banned
419 Posts
draw bar

If it were me I would pull in the arms with the sway chains until the swivel ball on the arm is tight to the end of the bar. You have a lot of play between the flat end and the arm. Or maybe at a few washer between the bracket and the lift arm.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,053 Posts
Seems like bending the plate a little more would work as well. If you can clamp it in a vise and heat it, should bend pretty easily.
This would have been my solution but now I'm wondering if you are suppose to or need to use 2 bolts.
Maybe use one hole or the other. :dunno:

Nice fix swehlaje. :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
616 Posts
How about using a flat-sided Clevis pin in that other hole? would that hold it in place for you?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,275 Posts
Didn't know these existed. How does it work out and how much was the cost? I have one of these... 100_0726.JPG but can't find them anymore. I'll have to check out what you have.

Reactions: rtgt and Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Didn't know these existed. How does it work out and how much was the cost? I have one of these... View attachment 106193 but can't find them anymore. I'll have to check out what you have.
Levi,

I have one of those (new style) drawbar locks that I don't use anymore.

It is yours if you want it.

My wife's jobsite is in the Kingsport area and might even be able to save you some shipping.

PM me if your interested.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,275 Posts
Levi,

I have one of those (new style) drawbar locks that I don't use anymore.

It is yours if you want it.

My wife's jobsite is in the Kingsport area and might even be able to save you some shipping.

PM me if your interested.

PM sent!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts