Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Feud between neighbors escalates into Backhoe used to Destroy neighbors home.

Tennessee feud escalates into home demolition, officials say | Fox News

Man sentenced for egging former neighbors home over 100 times

Man accused of egging home 100-plus times to be sentenced | Fox News

Florida Cops arrest woman for burning wrong car in revenge

Florida cops nab woman suspected of lighting wrong person's car on fire | Fox News

I can relate to the neighbor feud which led to the backhoe tearing down the neighbors home. I have one neighbor who should be grateful I don't own a bull dozer. However, I guess I could always rent one, I would just have to make sure to get the rental damage waiver so the damage for knocking down the house would be covered, I mean the damage to the bulldozer.......:laugh::lol:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
hyperlinks aren't working.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
My neighbor's place.

013 (6).jpg

It was great watching it come down. :bigthumb:

No neighbor on that side. Nice flat lot.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My neighbor's place.

View attachment 234753

It was great watching it come down. :bigthumb:

No neighbor on that side. Nice flat lot.
I have torn down a number of homes over the years and it's always surprising how fast they come down and how within the day, you can make the site look like the house never existed. But the dumpster costs in our area are making this much more expensive. The last house I tore down about 9 months ago cost about $5,500 in "landfill expenses" related to the dumpsters costs.

We used to be able to get the local fire departments to use either rural homes or homes without immediate neighbors to burn the structure for "practice" in fighting the fire, etc., but they will no longer do that.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That guy would be in for a big surprise if he broke into my house and attempted to paint my dogs. The story would likely read, "Pieces and parts of Intruder found in residence. Spray cans found lodged in victims "body cavity".

I did find a website a few weeks ago which showed actual security video footage of several home and business break ins and in some cases, the intruders were confronted by the homeowners either who were at home during the break in or in a couple of cases, arrived home during the intrusion. In one of the video's, an elderly woman came out of a room and nearly ran into the young people robbing her home. Fortunately, they fled and didn't attack her but they were within arms reach of one another and it could have been a very serious matter for the elderly woman. Interesting thing was every break in depicted on the videos occurred during daylight hours. You could see the daylight either through the entrance door or through windows, etc. In nearly every case, the thief's came in through the door, usually by kicking it in.

In a couple of cases, the dogs were in the homes when the break in occurred and the dogs in one video actually sat and watched the guys ransack the house. The dogs were smaller dogs, probably 20 to 30 pounds and looked like mixed breeds. My German Shepherds go nuts when someone approaches the house and my one German Shepherd actually cornered a couple of people in the farm shop of the lady who I got her from. It was the reason her husband wanted her to get rid of Chloe so no one would be bitten at their shop. Chloe had actually chased two guys up on top of vehicles parked in the shop and was determined to get a hold of them, which is what I would want to occur should they get in the house.

The website which had all of the video footage was promoting hosting the recording of all cameras off site so that the crooks couldn't steal the DVR and get the footage which would likely convict them. In several of the video's, the thief's see the cameras and either attempt to destroy them or one guy even stole the security camera's. But when they focus on getting the camera, the camera usually got really good pictures of the suspects.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I saw one the news a wile back were a dud tried to steal a woman's purse in an elevator. the woman just grabbed the purse snatcher, picked him and did some judo-karate type of thing and threw him back down on the ground.:rocket:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Haven't read the article yet, but off the cuff, sure it wasn't the Hatfields and the McCoys? :lolol::snipersmilie::rocket:

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
I have torn down a number of homes over the years and it's always surprising how fast they come down and how within the day, you can make the site look like the house never existed. But the dumpster costs in our area are making this much more expensive. The last house I tore down about 9 months ago cost about $5,500 in "landfill expenses" related to the dumpsters costs.

We used to be able to get the local fire departments to use either rural homes or homes without immediate neighbors to burn the structure for "practice" in fighting the fire, etc., but they will no longer do that.
20 years ago we had the house on the farm burnt down by the local FD. Rumors were going around that it would soon not be allowed and landfill would be the only option.

An assistant chief was sent out. He said the power pines had to removed by the power company, and any fuel tank(s) removed. Then a release signed the day of the burn. He said there was about 3 month wait.

I had already had the fuel oil tank removed. The power had been shut off and the meter pulled. I called the power company and had the lines from the pole to the house removed.

About two weeks later the assistant chief called and asked if I had everything done for the burn. I told him I had. He said no one else was ready and he was going down the list. I think he said there were 12 ahead of me, but since they were not ready, mine would be next.

They lit it off and put it out about three times then let it burn.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
I remember a TV show where a man used a bulldozer to take out several homes. Another where a man used a huge IH tractor to flatten all the police cars at police station. The spared cars were out on calls/patrol. Once the calls started coming in to alert the cops, they had no vehicles to chase/catch the tractor as it left the scene. Turns out it was his Dad/s tractor and he had a beef with the cops so he took the tractor

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts

Tipton County, Figures. :lol:

Guess you could just "DIY".

·
Registered
2,205 Posts

Man sentenced for egging former neighbors home over 100 times

Man accused of egging home 100-plus times to be sentenced | Fox News

Florida Cops arrest woman for burning wrong car in revenge

Florida cops nab woman suspected of lighting wrong person's car on fire | Fox News

I can relate to the neighbor feud which led to the backhoe tearing down the neighbors home. I have one neighbor who should be grateful I don't own a bull dozer. However, I guess I could always rent one, I would just have to make sure to get the rental damage waiver so the damage for knocking down the house would be covered, I mean the damage to the bulldozer.......:laugh::lol:

Does homeowners insurance cover that. :gaah:

·
Registered
253 Posts
[Florida Cops arrest woman for burning wrong car in revenge]

Sooooooo...if she had burned the right car, she wouldn't have been arrested?

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does homeowners insurance cover that. :gaah:
It may depending upon the policy. But then the insurance company would "subrogate" their claim, which means they go after the responsible parties insurance coverage (if any) and the responsible party. It's similar to a claim when someone drives through the house as a result of an accident, being drunk (and stupid) or a variety of other reasons........

[Florida Cops arrest woman for burning wrong car in revenge]

Sooooooo...if she had burned the right car, she wouldn't have been arrested?
Your comment is the exact same one I posted on the websites comment board. :banghead::banghead:

The "journalistic skills" are surely not what they used to be. I constantly find spelling and grammatical errors in online news stories and even from the "high profile" websites. Of course, a few people will accuse me of being the "Grammar Police" but the laziness and indifference in what should be "professional" journalism sources is simply unacceptable.

Stupid people shouldn't breed.
There was a story recently about a woman who called 911 to complain that (quoting her) "she done gots da wrong food at MACK DONALDS so she gots to have da POLE EESE involved." :dunno: Good thing she didn't need an "AM BOO LANCE"....:laugh::lolol:

But, as stupid as she was, there was an old COPS episode on over the holiday weekend where a woman flagged down an officer on patrol because the drug dealer ripped her off when she gave him $20 for crack cocaine, the dealer gave her something else that wasn't a drug. I did learn something from this, though, because selling a "fake drug" is a different criminal charge, but still serious. The officer said to the woman, "So you were trying to buy crack cocaine and you want ME to help you get your drugs?" Of course, the woman then started back pedaling on her story but the Officer did arrest the kid and his mother who was selling the "fake drugs" from a neighborhood house and gave the woman who flagged him down quite the stern warning.....:nunu::nunu:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
There was a story recently about a woman who called 911 to complain that (quoting her) "she done gots da wrong food at MACK DONALDS so she gots to have da POLE EESE involved." :dunno: Good thing she didn't need an "AMBA-LAMB"....:laugh::lolol:

But, as stupid as she was, there was an old COPS episode on over the holiday weekend where a woman flagged down an officer on patrol because the drug dealer ripped her off when she gave him $20 for crack cocaine, the dealer gave her something else that wasn't a drug. I did learn something from this, though, because selling a "fake drug" is a different criminal charge, but still serious. The officer said to the woman, "So you were trying to buy crack cocaine and you want ME to help you get your drugs?" Of course, the woman then started back pedaling on her story but the Officer did arrest the kid and his mother who was selling the "fake drugs" from a neighborhood house and gave the woman who flagged him down quite the stern warning.....:nunu::nunu:
fixed that for ya:laugh:

something like that happened around here a few months ago, but I can't recall what it was.:unknown::banghead:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts