Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeking some help/advice to the repair a Craftsman Dirt/Mist eliminator. Model #282-160091.
I am helping a family member in the repair of his air compressor filter. He has made an attempt to do a repair himself after going to Sears to be told this filter is no longer supported. I was not able to see the the original parts, before his attempted repair which failed.
Anyway, if this was mine, I would replace the whole filter. His cash flow is minimal, hence my volunteerism. :)
So, moving on, I am looking for the black plastic fitting that enters thru the bottom hole in the base of the poly carbonate filter bowl. Or a work around using other parts to seal the base of the bowl, which also has to incorporate the original petcock.
I will call the black plastic fitting a "bulkhead fitting" with a bulkhead nut. Also probably requires a gasket or two making the bulkhead fitting airtight. I will include some pics of filter and some of the related parts.

If anyone knows of a supplier for this type of "bulkhead fitting" and associated gasket and nut, It would be appreciated.
Regards

P.S.
The stainless steel bolt that is inserted thru the bulkhead fitting is not a original part. I failed to remove the bolt before the picture as taken. The petcock needs to be inserted from the bottom up, into the bulkhead fitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today, I discarded the black plastic bulkhead fitting. Went to HD to look for something that would work for this installation of a bulkhead type of fitting. After showing and telling the clerk what I was looking for, he offered, he could not help because I was altering something from the original manufacture of the filter. I then drove to a nearby company that sells pneumatic hose's and fittings. He set me up with the new parts. Installed them this afternoon. Turned on air compressor, left it build up pressure.
WAHOO, no leaks. Brought it back to life.

Attachments

·
Old Pa-pa
12,145 Posts
Today, I discarded the black plastic bulkhead fitting. Went to HD to look for something that would work for this installation of a bulkhead type of fitting. After showing and telling the clerk what I was looking for, he offered, he could not help because I was altering something from the original manufacture of the filter. I then drove to a nearby company that sells pneumatic hose's and fittings. He set me up with the new parts. Installed them this afternoon. Turned on air compressor, left it build up pressure.
WAHOO, no leaks. Brought it back to life.
Good to know I have one of these old suckers probably 40 years old and still OK.
Does a reasonable job of removing moisture, made a stand for it so I can bring it as close to air tool/sprayer as possible rather
than just hook it to compressor output.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts