Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to connect to Craigslist for several days now. I understand they were hacked over the weekend, but back up in most areas by now. I watch Kansas City, St Louis, Omaha & some others in the area.

When I try KC CL this is what I get:

"The server at kansascity.craigslist.org can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network."

I've also tried Firefox & IE with no results, tried clearing cache & restart with no help either. Even tried going through Search Tempest. Any ideas? ~~ Lowell

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,403 Posts
Seems good to go here.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yup, can shop here too.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Have you ever tried "searchtempest"? It pulls results from Craigslists by distance, and time posted, so you can search a larger area than one city at a time, also pulls in results from ebay and oodle....

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Kansas City Craig's list was working just fine for me last night.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One (M8)

·
Premium Member
5,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you ever tried "searchtempest"? It pulls results from Craigslists by distance, and time posted, so you can search a larger area than one city at a time, also pulls in results from ebay and oodle....
Yes, search tempest gives me the same "cannot connect" message!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Been fine for me, been selling and buying things the last few days.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Just checked Craig's List and it is working fine for me. I suspect this is an issue with your ISP. You might call them to check with them.

Dave

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
I did have trouble here in WNY and NWPA yesterday, with both CL and searchtempest, all is fine today.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
The Dallas one was down here as well by the way, nearly all day. It's up here now though...

I haven't been able to connect to Craigslist for several days now. I understand they were hacked over the weekend, but back up in most areas by now. I watch Kansas City, St Louis, Omaha & some others in the area.

When I try KC CL this is what I get:

"The server at kansascity.craigslist.org can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network."

I've also tried Firefox & IE with no results, tried clearing cache & restart with no help either. Even tried going through Search Tempest. Any ideas? ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
fdmars, Thanks for mentioning the "Searchtempest" program. I had heard there was something but had no idea what it was.

Sometimes, part of the "fun" is just searching to see what's on Craiglist. But when looking for something specific, the searchtempest Sure saves time.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts