Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is on our local Craigslist, cheap, no info except it says 71 hours.
I sent seller an email, no reply. Anyone experience this? Seems strange to me.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
This is on our local Craigslist, cheap, no info except it says 71 hours.
I sent seller an email, no reply. Anyone experience this? Seems strange to me.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
Sounds like a scam, especially if it was unrealistically cheap

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Probably a scam.

·
Premium Member
14,122 Posts
Scam is my guess,,

when it sounds to good to be true.. something is wrong. more like a scam

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
There are so many people running scam's on Craigslist, it's ridiculous.

If it's crazy cheap... don't even bother responding. If they want to go through what they call a "third party holding/shipping" it's a scam. ALWAYS request to see it in person and do so. If they say they are deployed, Stewart on a plane, or other reason to not be able to meet you, It's a scam.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
This is their way of getting email addresses and then they sell them to a list that you don't want to get on. Yesterday I spotted a local Craigs List add for a 1025R and loader for $2100. Yes that is only 4 digits. I flagged it, but I don't know how much good that does for anybody else.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
There are people that do nothing but post recurring scam posts for both Deere and Kubota tractors on Craigslist. I see 4 or 5 a day on my local site (same with RVs, utility/horse trailers, cars/trucks, etc...)

·
Registered
322 Posts
This is their way of getting email addresses and then they sell them to a list that you don't want to get on.
Sneakemail or one of their similar counterparts could be your friend.

·
Registered
837 Posts
This is their way of getting email addresses and then they sell them to a list that you don't want to get on. Yesterday I spotted a local Craigs List add for a 1025R and loader for $2100. Yes that is only 4 digits. I flagged it, but I don't know how much good that does for anybody else.

Dave
:bigthumb:spot on..........your direct email address has value and is now sold into the spam market

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
There are people that do nothing but post recurring scam posts for both Deere and Kubota tractors on Craigslist. I see 4 or 5 a day on my local site (same with RVs, utility/horse trailers, cars/trucks, etc...)
I guess that shows that enough people fall for the scams to make it worthwhile. It doesn't take much effort to post some ads and wait, I guess, especially if you do make money at it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I guess that shows that enough people fall for the scams to make it worthwhile. It doesn't take much effort to post some ads and wait, I guess, especially if you do make money at it.
It’s the same way with all the anonymous robo calls and the ones that “neighbor “ your area code and prefix-to me it seems like a complete waste of time, but they wouldn’t be doing it unless they were making enough money to keep it up so someone somewhere must be falling for it...:unknown:

·
Registered
647 Posts
It’s the same way with all the anonymous robo calls and the ones that “neighbor “ your area code and prefix-to me it seems like a complete waste of time, but they wouldn’t be doing it unless they were making enough money to keep it up so someone somewhere must be falling for it...:unknown:
That's what gets me. People fall for robo calls enough to make it worth while for the scammers to keep at it. Are people living under a rock? How can you not know about telephone scams by now??? :dunno: I have a 90 year old mother who is smart enough not to talk to them.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I agree with the other posts - SCAM.

About a year ago, there was an almost new, 12 foot goose neck dump trailer advertised on Craigslist for $700.00. I called the number and spoke with a young lady that said she was leaving for the Army in the morning and had to sell it tonight. She wouldn't be home until 11 pm and I had to bring cash. She gave me the address and when I looked it up, it was in the projects. I started asking questions about what she had used it for, and she said it was her boyfriend's trailer. If she was going into the Army, why was she selling his trailer? The answers got stranger and stranger. No thanks, I'll pass. :danger:

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Scammers are getting smarter

For a while, Google image search was pretty good at helping to find scammers but now they alter an image enough to make that not work. I used to always highlight all text in a questionable listing. It was amazing how many had additional nonsense in a white font so Craig's list didn't flag the ad. That doesn't work as well as it used to either.

I'll still look up a phone number if I'm interested in something. No phone number and a better than believable price? Flag it.
Multiple posts of the same item? Flag it.

Description not matching the picture? Flag it.

I flag a lot of posts. If they are legitimate, they repost correctly.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
263 Posts
Craigslist anonymizes email addresses so the other party doesn’t have access to it unless you include it in the body of the email.
Most of the scam ads have an email they ask you to use. If you inquire through the Craigslist system you are safe. Sometimes they will respond and try to trick you into giving your email and/or phone number.

I ONLY communicate through the Craigslist system no matter if I'm buying or selling.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

Dave
Same one was listed in ROCKFORD last night.:laugh:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts