Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,810 Posts
My dealer gives away free calendars each year, as I'm sure other dealers do as well. I picked up 3 of them. I know the dealers buy these from JD, so this may not sound like that it's not that far fetched, but I've seen this same calendar on ebay selling as high as $14 to $15 a calendar. On a similar note, if you had a lawn or garden tractor with the metal fuel tank under hood above the engine, you could give your dealer the tractor's serial number and they would give you a battery cable safety kit. These have shown up on ebay even though you could get them free from your dealer. And I think people bought them. I've seen things on ebay that go for a higher price than what a dealer sells the same item for less. People just don't check with their dealer to find out a)if the item is still available from JD and b)at what price the item sells for. Someone might just buy those weights if they don't do their homework first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree free battery kits,calenders,even the decal from the free battery kits being sold,weights above retail price and too many other examples.What really gets me are used parts being sold higher than new parts from the dealer.On the flip side I have bought a lot of new stuff well under retail for different projects.As long as you do your homework and know what your buying e-bay can be a great tool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.