Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me 2305 tractor with a 54 deck. After mowing, with the engine off, the mower deck will go lower by itself with a creaking noise. I can limit some of the downward travel by setting the deck height adjustment knob to the highest setting.
Is this normal?
thanks,
JD66

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Does your 2305 have the independent lift or the 3 point hitch lift?

It is normal for the independent lift to settle fairly quickly.

The 3 point hitch should not settle quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2305 with 3 point hitch lift for MMM issues

Not to get too far off topic...I just installed my mid mount mower yesterday for the first time, bought it used. I have a loader on the tractor and counter weight box. The arm that makes contact with the 3 point hitch keep slipping off....dropping the deck. Also the knob to adjust the height of the deck is stuck...

1. Do I need to adjust the 3pt hitch arms further out?
2. Read something about dropping the deck to the ground to set the knob??

Thanks....

Does your 2305 have the independent lift or the 3 point hitch lift?

It is normal for the independent lift to settle fairly quickly.

The 3 point hitch should not settle quickly.

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
Not to get too far off topic...I just installed my mid mount mower yesterday for the first time, bought it used. I have a loader on the tractor and counter weight box. The arm that makes contact with the 3 point hitch keep slipping off....dropping the deck. Also the knob to adjust the height of the deck is stuck...

Thanks....
If I remember correctly, the deck should be fully raised to set the height knob.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts

Thanks....
From what I remember from my old 2210, you needed a spacer of some type between the 3 point hitch arms.
A spacer rod, hitch bar, quick hitch or anything else to keep the lift arms spread.

As rtgt stated, the mower deck has to be raised before the height knob will turn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts