Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 7631 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
This happened about an hour ago

Not a real good picture, but you get the idea. Went out to do chores, and this guy had just came out, he was laying between my two miniature donkeys!
I wouldn't have even noticed him, but mamma was dining on afterbirth:fed:, so I started looking.

Attachments

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Nothing cuter than a newborn calf!

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I've been called out on a lack of pictures of our new puppy. :laugh: I didn't want to derail Andy B's thread, so I'll put them here.

This is Mozzie.

Day One, 8 weeks old. "What is all this?"
photo1.jpg

"Okay, maybe this isn't so bad..."
photo3.jpg

Week or so later. "Play with me!"
photo4.jpg

Around that time. "This is mine. It is not debatable."
photo5-1.jpg

Most recent picture, couple of days ago. She's up to 7.4 lbs according to the vet. Gets along great with the German Shepherd, but the Lab/ Pitt mix is scared of her. Poor guy. :empathy: We're making progress though. She's learned to go up and down the steps to the porch, and can reach to drink out of the big water bowl now. :thumbup1gif:

photo5.jpg

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
She's just too cute, 56FordGuy!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
A few more critter pics. The horse is Dixie. She is the best horse ever. She is a family heirloom...25 years old.

Attachments

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Neat pics, arlen! And things there are GREEN. Everything is brown and dry here. :cray:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,730 Posts
I've been called out on a lack of pictures of our new puppy. :laugh: I didn't want to derail Andy B's thread, so I'll put them here.

This is Mozzie.
Better than a new pair of tires! New tires are hard to beat.:thumbup1gif:

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
He's cute, Bubber. How old is he?

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
New addition to the family. Male dog, may post pictures and story later. :)
You'd better! :nunu:

You can't just be a tease, like that!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ok, I'll throw my hat in this... These are older pictures (2008)...
The Wife with her horse Traveler:

Myself and my horse Quinn (the not so Mighty Quinn):

What we do is field trial our dogs... those 2 pictures were of 2008 Gun Dog Nationals (Brittany-AKC).
Here are the older dogs (Green is Dual Champion Blaze, Orange is Chloe (4th in Nationals Last year), Red is Champion Tess, and Blue is the old man Courage (he's 13 now):

Tess and Blaze were bred (twice).. but the first litter we kept 2 pups... one for me named Forrest (Woodland's Forrest Fire), one for my daughter named Mist (Woodland's Water Fairy)
Here's Forrest (that's my wife in the background holding him):

Here's Mist:

So who could have a "Forrest" without a wild and crazy girlfriend for him, named Jenny (Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks):

here's the whole brood together... except Chloe (who likely was in training at the time)... This is our pups in the "ROOM" command. At OUR dinner, they go to their "room" which gives us some breathing space to eat... when we're done they get a "treat" for listening. It's a great command.

We also have Jesse (our Cat, she's 13, and unfortunately I don't have a picture)... and
our African Chiclid tank (the pups are always in the picture):

We also have the freeloader varieties...

My wife has gotten quite good at conformation shows of the dogs... she's even been able to get my daughter addicted to it... Here's my little girl showing the pup's mom Tess (Tess is a spectacular show dog, she's "Hope's Dream Weaver.")

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Careful, those cichlids are addictive. I have some "packing" in my tank, right now! Prolific critters!

Your Brittanys are super! One of my friends goes to the Nationals every year. She informed me this year, even altered dogs in performance events will need to have DNA recorded and on file.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Farmgirl...
Yep, and the DNA crap is all screwed up. We have a temp number assigned to our little girl Chloe. No doubt she's ALL Brittany though, she's all of like 29lbs.

We probably know each other Farmgirl! hehehe...

More correctly YOU probably know me then!

Chloe is on the American Field circuit right now..

·
Administrator
20,476 Posts
African cichlids are very very cool.:drinks: Lots of brilliant colors and super active. They are interior decorators to boot.:lol:

I've found that they do best when crowded by regular fish tank rules (1" of fish per gallon is the norm). Usually somewhere around 1 fish per gallon for medium sized Africans works pretty good. Anything less and they start to peck and bully others establishing a pecking order, sometimes killing others. You do need good filtration to crowd them in that way.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not new to Africans... I need better pictures... It's a 55 gallon tank. I found the key to Chiclids is crushed coral, it keeps the water hard enough for them to survive. I also use a massive power filter (the biggest aqua clear they make), it seems to keep the tank super clean.
A Kenyii, a Chipokae, the baby is a Acei, and a couple zebras, and the obligatory Pleco (mine is like 12 inches now).

Sorry... My ex-wife was against the fish tank I have... a friend kept it for me for 11 years! As soon as I was divorced, he said "Do you want your fish tank?" It was the 2nd thing I moved in my apartment, ain't life odd? The new wife actually likes the tank and suggested we put it in the TV room (the new house is smaller than the one I built with the ex, for no other reason than we wanted to downsize the house to get more PROPERTY!).

So I had the prior residents of the tank for 2 years... they bred in the tank, and I had babies before I knew it... that was NEW for me.. well I only managed to keep 2 alive.. I just didn't move fast enough to create a breeder sub-tank.

Then at about 6 months old, something odd happened, my heater broke, but it stuck ON (tank was 120!)! COOKED the fish... ONLY 3 fish survived... 2 pleco, and one of the 2 babies.

Anyway, so I bought more Chiclids... and these are 2 years old now. One of the pleco's then died of old age..

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
SHNOOL,

Beautiful horses! That is probably the only time in my entire life I have seen people wearing those jackets someplace they should be worn!
Oh, and great collection of pups as well! :thumbup1gif:

41 - 60 of 7631 Posts