Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I'm not sure if this is anything to be concerned about but figured this would be a good place to pose the question. I've had my new 2016 1025R for a couple weeks now. Ever since the first day I've noticed when I lower the bucket to the ground the left side of the bucket always hits the ground first. Even when just looking straight on towards the tractor you can see the bucket is slightly crooked compared to the tractor itself. I've noticed it on my concrete driveway, and the concrete floors in my pole barn. The tire pressure is equal on both sides of the tractor. So is this normal? If so that's okay, it just kind of bugs my OCD. I'll post some pictures for you guys. Also, nothing seems to be wrong with the tractor or FEL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first thing I would do is measure the actual inflated tire diameter of the rear tires,,, :good2:
From what I can tell both look to be the same. Around 25.5" in diameter. Both are at 20psi.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
From what I can tell both look to be the same. Around 25.5" in diameter. Both are at 20psi.

Rim edge to ground is more reliable. Or measure circumference. All 4 tires. Rears are the biggest factor, but diagonal mismatches magnify it.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
Rim edge to ground is more reliable. Or measure circumference. All 4 tires. Rears are the biggest factor, but diagonal mismatches magnify it.
Agree! That makes it simple and takes all tire variations out of the equation.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Just compare the loader to the front frame of the tractor and you can see that it is crooked. Rear tires irrelevant.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i notice the same thing on my 2025r.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Install your bucket then measure.You can't measure the way you did because each ram moves independant from each other.
When I put the bucket on and then have the bucket about 3 inches off the floor there is a 3/8" difference between the right and left side of the bucket. Which matches up to the pictures I posted. Not even sure if it matters. When I lower the bucket to the floor everything evens out.

What part of the arms and frame would I measure in order to check things out?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because of the pivot pin in frt axle frt tires &/or frt tire inflation have no bearing of levelness of frt end loader boom or attachments
So Jim, what you are saying is I shouldn't be concerned? If so I'm good with that.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Install your bucket then measure.You can't measure the way you did because each ram moves independant from each other.

Timing rod is intended to correct the "moves independent" you refer to or one could fully retract/extend bucket cylinders if timing rod pin's have too much slack allowing bucket cylinders to move independently without the need to install a bucket or some other attachment..

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
So Jim, what you are saying is I shouldn't be concerned? If so I'm good with that.
I didn't intend to imply checking frt tire pressure isn't important but as I stated won't affect boom levelness. If it was my tractor I adjust rear tire pressure to level the boom and use loader. I'd advise to check torques on loader frame mounting bolts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Timing rod is intended to correct the "moves independent" you refer to or one could fully retract/extend bucket cylinders if timing rod pin's have too much slack allowing bucket cylinders to move independently without the need to install a bucket or some other attachment..
He may want to check the timing rod is installed correctly with all of it's pins.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
How OCD are you?

Functionally, it won't matter. However if you worry about it every time you park the tractor, you might go to the dealer and see how many other new ones have similar issues. If yours is the only one, get the dealer to check it out. If all of them tilt slightly one way or the other, recognize that manufacturing always has some tolerances and small differences at the tractor end are magnified at the bucket end.

I'm not sure about your loader. On my 300, there are two bolts that lock the loader in place. They are adjustable stop bolts, not through bolts and a slight change in those can move the bucket some. Beside the rear tires, that's what I would look at first on my 300 loader. Other possibilities, one of the side mounting plates was installed very slightly higher or lower than the other. They have to have some play (tolerance) and it wouldn't take much to develop 3/8" out at the bucket end. Same with the front mount plate.

In short, I wouldn't worry about it but if it bothers you and you have the time, you can start verifying complete balance at every point on the loader and mounting. I'd guess something is out a 16th or so and can be readjusted. It's not worth it to me but I spend much more time using the equipment than looking at it. Now if it caused me to have an issue grading out soil or some other work issue, I'd fix it. If it doesn't hurt the machine (it won't) and doesn't cause me any performance issues, I'd worry about other things. But it's your money, your tractor and loader and your time. If it worries you, it's probably fixable give some time and effort.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also use my equipment, I also visually inspect everything to see if anything is out of whack. If I drop 15k+ on a tractor I would expect everything to be squared away on it. As I said in my OP, if it's nothing to be concerned about in terms of causing an issue down the road I'm good with that. I simply noticed my loader/bucket was a little crooked and thought I would ask a question on here.

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Get it fixed!

To be honest, I have had 4 JD tractors and have never had one that the front bucket was crooked when placed onto a flat surface. Until! I tweaked my 2305 one day trying to lift a object using the corner of the bucket. It tweaked the arms about the same amount you have here. It will become a pain in the butt when you try to plow snow and want the bucket not to touch the ground. it should not be like that. Check and make sure your arms are seated properly on the mounts. If that is not it, you did not cause the problem, take tractor back to them and have it fixed. It will effect everything you mount on the front and the further out the implement is mounted, the worse it will get. You paid too much money for your tractor for that to not be right. Trust me, you will be glad you did down the road. Just my $.02!

·
Registered
474 Posts
If I put my bucket in float and leveled it and it still dug in 3/8" on one side more than the other or left 3/8" of material in a cleanup pass...I would work all night to correct the problem if I had to. Same with snow removal. If I can't control the depth or would be stuck with choosing to scrape gravel or leave too much snow across the width of the bucket I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

I would take the same measurement you have with the bucket on. If measurement is the same (difference) I would start referencing other points on the loader arms until I figured out what was bent, loose, crooked, skewed, misaligned... If it isn't an adjustable item and it is just bent I'd be looking for how to get it back into shape by brute force.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'll say it again. Tire pressure is not the problem here. You can clearly see that the loader is mounted crooked by comparing it against the front frame of the tractor. Whatever you do with the tires, that relationship will not change.

The red lines are the loader and the yellow is the tractor. You can see that the mounting pylons are not straight with the rest of the tractor (the middle red line). I seem to remember someone here "correcting" that issue by putting some washers between the frame and the pylon. That is a very bad idea in my opinion.

H120 crooked.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts