Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ultimate Crossover Relief Valve

KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC is proud to announce what we believe is the Ultimate Crossover Relief Valve for the avid do-it-yourselfer. The Crossover Relief Valve (CRV) is designed to protect your equipment from damage whenever a circuit is overloaded, like on a snowplow or a backhoe thumb. Installation is very simple, the CRV is simply plumbed inline with the two SA (Single Acting) cylinders on a typical snow plow setup, or the single DA (Dual Acting) cylinder on a thumb device. Machined from 6061 aluminum for weight savings, anodized for maximum corrosion protection, and the use of ORB/SAE ports make this the best value anywhere!

Specifications:
Maximum Flow: 8 GPM Max
Maximum Pressure: 3500 PSI
Relief Pressure: Set to 3000 PSI, adjustable from 1500-3000 PSI
Ports: 1/2” (-08) ORB (SAE) x4
Mounting Holes: 1/2” x2 @ 3" on center
Block Size: 3-1/4”w, x 3-1/4”h, x 1-1/4”d
Overall Width: (with valves): 8-3/4"
Weight: 2 lbs, 2.5 oz
Made in the USA

Take a look here, at the bottom of the page: Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,298 Posts
Hi Kenny! I'm a real green horn when it comes to hydraulics. I understand basic operation but then it fades quickly. I understand how the cross over valve works with a two-cylinder snow plow arrangement but... can it be of any help with a single cylinder blade?

I am planning to purchase a new JD rear blade for my 2720. I'm looking at the RB2060H which has a single cylinder for angling the blade. I have the 3rd SCV on my 2720. One of my concerns with the hydraulic rear blade is possibly damaging the cylinder or blowing a hose if I accidentally catch something with the edge of the blade while plowing. I have a manual blade now and every now and again will get a jolt if I catch the end of a curb or a crack in the pavement, etc.

Would your cross-over valve be of any value in relieving pressure with a single-cylinder setup like described above? If so, how would it get plumbed in?

I certainly appreciate any advice you can offer.

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kenny! I'm a real green horn when it comes to hydraulics. I understand basic operation but then it fades quickly. I understand how the cross over valve works with a two-cylinder snow plow arrangement but... can it be of any help with a single cylinder blade?

I am planning to purchase a new JD rear blade for my 2720. I'm looking at the RB2060H which has a single cylinder for angling the blade. I have the 3rd SCV on my 2720. One of my concerns with the hydraulic rear blade is possibly damaging the cylinder or blowing a hose if I accidentally catch something with the edge of the blade while plowing. I have a manual blade now and every now and again will get a jolt if I catch the end of a curb or a crack in the pavement, etc.

Would your cross-over valve be of any value in relieving pressure with a single-cylinder setup like described above? If so, how would it get plumbed in?

I certainly appreciate any advice you can offer.

JG,
The short answer is yes the CRV (crossover relief valve) will work Okay on a single DA (dual acting) cylinder like you'd have on that rear blade. Plumbing is the same as the picture I posted above, one side of the CRV to the valve/tractor side, and the other side to the two ports on the cylinder. The same holds true for a hydraulic thumb cylinder on a backhoe.

Now, the long answer is that since there is a different amount of fluid on each side of the DA cylinder since the rod takes up space (also why push/pull rating are different) the cylinder will not retract all the way like two SA (single acting) cylinders would, but there would be some "relief" or "movement", hopefully enough to spare any damage to your equipment.

Ideally, CRV's are best used on circuits with two SA cylinders-but they can and do work in a limited capacity on single DA setup as well to help protect things.

I hope that helps clear things up, and I didn't confuse you any more.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Good question jgayman. Good answer Kennyd. :thumbup1gif:
Thanks, I learned something first thing this morning.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts