Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed the Cruise Control rod that connects to a mechanism under my 1026R is not connect. Can someone please give me some insight on how to reattach it. A picture or two would be really helpful. Or even a schematic.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
It looks like all you need to do is reinstall the rod back into the pawl (the thing hanging down). Use a new cotter pin to secure the rod and you should be all set.:good2:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It looks like all you need to do is reinstall the rod back into the pawl (the thing hanging down). Use a new cotter pin to secure the rod and you should be all set.:good2:
Hi dieselshadow,
I do not see any holes where the cotter pin would get installed. Just looked on the JD website and do not see any on the parts schematic. Looks like I need to take the bolt out that is holding the pawl in place. Place the rod in the pawl and reinstall the bolt. Does this sound about right? After I posted I went and got my laptop to get online.

Never new what a Pawl was thanks for the info.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
Looks right to me. :good2:

I forgot they used a stamped area on the rod to hold the shaft in. Do you know how it got knocked out? Is there any damage to the pawl from the shaft pulling out?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks right to me. :good2:

I forgot they used a stamped area on the rod to hold the shaft in. Do you know how it got knocked out? Is there any damage to the pawl from the shaft pulling out?
Not sure how it got knocked out. Was greasing the fittings on the tractor and noticed it hanging. Have not yet used the cruise control nor did I notice the floppy handle. Yesterday evening I was ripping out a lot of brush maybe it got caught up on something. I do not see any surface damage, but this is the first time I have ever laid eyes on a pawl.

Thanks for the quick response and the help.
Going into the tool box to get a wrench to make the fix. I will post back when completed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay I feel like a mechanical dummy. Everything is back in place, just needed the nards to mess with it. I hate playing around with something that is still new.

Will make sure the cruise control is working properly tomorrow.

Thanks again

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
Not much to the system. Is the rod attached to the handle?

0001129136____________A1.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems like it is. When I push up on the pawl the handle raises. Probably stop by the dealer tomorrow to look at one on there lot.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
There's not much to the cruise control. The handle pulls a shaft connected to the pawl. The pawl engages the "gear segment" connected to the forward pedal linkage. Not much weight, no springs, mine feels really light too.

Here's a pic I posted a while back in another thread.
Cruise control pawl.jpg

Hope this helps, just my 2 cents here.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tomfive, Thanks for the picture. Looks like I reinstalled the pawl in the wrong position. I will take a look at it tomorrow.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, I have the pawl in the correct position. When pulling up gently the pawl does not engage, but when I pull up quickly or slightly jerk it the mechanism engages. I guess I will have the dealer take a look at it next time it is in for service.

Thanks to All for the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts