Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Sounds like the linkage inside has come loose. Remove both side panels on the engine. The remove the cowling below the dash. Move the lever and look for what should be attached to it.

·
Premium Member
9,055 Posts
My cruise control wears a size 13 in footwear.......I have never used that feature on any of my Deere machines. Wonder how many people use them verses don't?

Perhaps it's time for a GTT Poll.......:good2::yahoo:

Reactions: steveontheridge2

·
Registered
45 Posts
put me down for a yes. mailbox 1/4 mile from garage door one way. mixture of bedrock, redshale and clay to get there. 2500rpm in high gear w/ cruise on... freedom for a few!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I used it once just to test it out. Other than that I kind of forget it is there.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I've tried it a few times, biggest problem is it slows just a bit when you engage it, so it won't hold max speed, and while roading is the main time I'd utilize it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If I was mowing the local athletic fields I might use it, on my property...impossible.

:greentractorride:

Reactions: dadtoandrew

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I’ve never used it either.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Cruise control level will not engage. The handle just slides up and down. Any thoughts.
Are you holding up on the lever and taking your foot off the forward peddle first before you let go of the cruise lever?
Also before you start taking panels off try laying under the tractor and have someone set the cruise and note any loose parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts