Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings: Does anyone know if the JD 1025r cruze control can be adjusted, (Low gear) increasing the speed a trace. There's a slight decrease from full pedal to cruze engagement. The mower can definitely handle an increase in speed.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's a mechanical linkage that needs a little bit of forward pedal movement to disengage. Without that little bit of pedal movement, I suppose the linkage could bind and not disengage. I'm not even sure if it has a mechanical release if you hit the brake with the cruise engaged; I believe it just holds the forward pedal in a given position.

Any chance you could mow in high gear with a lower cruise setting? I always mow in high, but I also don't have any hills to contend with.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Greetings: Does anyone know if the JD 1025r cruze control can be adjusted, (Low gear) increasing the speed a trace. There's a slight decrease from full pedal to cruze engagement. The mower can definitely handle an increase in speed.
Thanks in advance.
Oddly enough my 2014 X540 is the same way. I wouldn't mess with it. Not unless you feel like buying your neighbor some new hedges or garage door. lol

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Break disengages the cruise. Nice thought but unless you are mowing 10 acres or trasporting, it is pretty useless.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
My dad 74 found out the hard way why not to use cruise control when mowing.
He ended up 30 yards down the ravine and plowed into a fallen tree with his new x700 series mower.
He got lucky the tractor didn't flip over on him. All he ended up with was a few scrapes and damaged his blower unit for the bigger
Be careful

·
Registered
12,342 Posts
My dad 74 found out the hard way why not to use cruise control when mowing.
He ended up 30 yards down the ravine and plowed into a fallen tree with his new x700 series mower.
He got lucky the tractor didn't flip over on him. All he ended up with was a few scrapes and damaged his blower unit for the bigger
Be careful
:greentractorride: boy am i glad he's was ok! like u said it could of been way--------worse. back when my dad bought his 318 in 1986. he was mowing next to my uncle's electric fence. got all excited about something-and kinda ran the hood underneath the wire fence for a ways. :banghead: he didn't get hurt-other than his pride, but never having anything that was hydrostat he just got mixed up. then he bumped the fence posts a couple of times, so he built a bumper out of a old truck spring-then.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi John Deere 1025R TLB
You Said "Nice thought but unless you are mowing 10 acres or transporting, it is pretty useless." I do mow 10+ acres and transport regularly a bit over a mile up the road and I find the cruse control useless there to. I have never found any where I could use the cruse to advantage.:banghead:
I find it a waste of time.
Regards John

·
Registered
63 Posts
Break disengages the cruise. Nice thought but unless you are mowing 10 acres or trasporting, it is pretty useless.

My brake DOES NOT disengage the cruise. You have to tap the forward pedal.

Yes, it almost caused several accidents because of this non intuitive system.

I use it going up and down a mile hike when I use my tractor to haul stuff.

·
Registered
11,930 Posts
Break disengages the cruise. Nice thought but unless you are mowing 10 acres or transporting, it is pretty useless.

I never use it on the 2320. Never use it on the 445. I think it is a cheap way to add a useless selling point on the tractors.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Expensive marketing ploy I agree.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Last year I redid a large portion of my yard, using my 647 tiller. The cruise control was quite useful while tilling longer distances, creeping along in low range.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yup - that and cup holders and 12V outlets.
Well to be fair, cup holders are way more useful than cruise control!
The 12v outlet I can do without, but I can see how some people could get good use out of them.

·
Premium Member
14,757 Posts
I don't use it a lot but I have used it on the 2305 and now the series 1. A few times I've driven the tractor a mile or more on the highway for me it is great. Just a tap on the forward pedal and it is released.
For some reason the x738 hurts my R foot so I use cruse about every week. Most of the time it is just long enough to give my foot a rest, if I don't I need to stop remove my shoe and rub my foot.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yup - that and cup holders and 12V outlets.
I wanted all the "extras" when I bought my tractor over the 1023. But I have never used the 12v outlet, the cruise control or the arm rests. I thought I would use the arm rests more than anything but to me they are kind of awkwardly placed. But I do use the cupholders for a couple Buds of mine:bigbeer:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi All
I use the cup holder for all kinds of things including a water bottle. The 12 volt out let I use to power the pump on my spray unit .:bigthumb:
As I said previously the cruse control is about as useful as a back pocket in underpants.:laugh:
Regards John

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I sometimes use the cruise, but usually I forget it's even there. I do use the cup holder and I plan to use the 12v outlet for a 3point sprayer in the no too distant future?:gizmo::gizmo:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts