Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a current JD TLB that is the equivalent of the 110?

·
Premium Member
10,692 Posts
Is there a current JD TLB that is the equivalent of the 110?
Not really. All of the current yellow backhoe models are much larger than the 110. Even the smallest 310L is twice the HP and twice the weight of the 110.

You could wade thru the specs to see if any of the current backhoe equipped 4-series are a closer match.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
... Even the smallest 310L is twice the HP and twice the weight of the 110....
And I am sure three times the price ! There might be something in the green series that might be slightly close, but probably no where near the "commercial" grade the 110 was. And even that is probably $50k+. I think the biggest backhoe for the green series is the 485A with 3752lbs of bucket digging force but the 110 was much more at 5723lbs.

I eventually want to upgrade to something bigger. But I keep going back and forth, if I'm going to spend 20-25k on some used 110 TLB, why not spend 20-25k on a used Case/Deere/Cat that is a 'real' commercial loader/backhoe. I need neither, but can use a larger one. I am more concerned with digging/breakout force of the loader and backhoe then anything else. I do not need it to mow. Mostly earth moving, stump removal, grading and snow removal; personal use, not commercial.

·
Premium Member
10,692 Posts
I eventually want to upgrade to something bigger. But I keep going back and forth, if I'm going to spend 20-25k on some used 110 TLB, why not spend 20-25k on a used Case/Deere/Cat that is a 'real' commercial loader/backhoe. I need neither, but can use a larger one.
If you are not stuck on JD, check out the new Kubota M62 TLB. It looks to be designed as a JD 110 replacement with a bit more power and some enhancements. Not sure on the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxNAOv8NMvc

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
Kubota and Yanmar makes an equivalent to the older 110TLB, but JD has dropped out of that market.

·
Registered
231 Posts
For your intended uses a full size backhoe will be the best choice. I've heard rumors that Deere is mulling a return to the market but you can bet the price will be extreme and make the full size machine the most viable choice.

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts